• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted September 30, 2016 - 10:09 AM

Ive been wanting to share this info but wanted to make sure I liked it first. We have had it for three years now & love it. Replacing our ink cartridges was getting very expensive....$52-$65 every other month. We bought our HP printer at Best Buy & they offered the program.

We pay $9.95 monthly for 300 copies. Our printer is online & they monitor the printers usage. When the ink gets low we receive the cartridges we need in the mail. We also receive a pre paid postage envelope to send the empty ones back. When my son is out of school we go back to the $4.95 per month for 150 copies per month. We are saving well over $200. a year.

The only problem we have had but was our own ignorance was when we moved last year we dropped the program until we decided what internet to use. Once we tried to print our printer was locked preventing us to use it. We found out once your printer is off for a long period of time or a different internet is being used they shut it down.

I'm receiving nothing for this info. I seen this morning someone bought a new printer & others were complaining about the high cost of ink. Here is the link.

https://instantink.h...ted.com/us/en/r

• MH81, Alc and HDWildBill have said thanks

#2 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted September 30, 2016 - 11:57 AM

That's pretty nice.  Never knew they did such a thing.  I wonder if they have higher levers for those who do a lot of printing.  I can go through 300 prints in a day when things are really busy (as they have been all this year).  As it is, I save by buying all of my ink on ebay.

• Sawdust and chieffan have said thanks

#3 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,167 Thanks
  • 4,510 posts

Posted September 30, 2016 - 12:30 PM

That's pretty nice.  Never knew they did such a thing.  I wonder if they have higher levers for those who do a lot of printing.  I can go through 300 prints in a day when things are really busy (as they have been all this year).  As it is, I save by buying all of my ink on ebay.

Gave up on HP equipment several years ago.  Printer would never work right.  I buy mine on eBay also.  Last bunch was 2 full changes of the 4 small cartridges and 3 of the two black cartridges.  Got them all new in packages for $15.00  Will run us for 4 or 5 months.  Cannon MP520 photo quality printer.

Edited by chieffan, September 30, 2016 - 12:32 PM.

#4 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted September 30, 2016 - 12:41 PM

Gave up on HP equipment several years ago.  Printer would never work right.  I buy mine on eBay also.  Last bunch was 2 full changes of the 4 small cartridges and 3 of the two black cartridges.  Got them all new in packages for $15.00  Will run us for 4 or 5 months.  Cannon MP520 photo quality printer.

I gave up my HP's (used two of them in the office) and got a Brother.  I miss the HP's.  They were more reliable and much easier on ink.

• Sawdust said thank you

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted September 30, 2016 - 01:10 PM

Had HP, then Canon, Now Epson. All use about same ink cartridges and same prices!  Latest one is hard on black color, specially when doing manuals off of here like I do. It is hooked up wireless too and like said they know much about how you are using it, scray!  They want you to buy from them over web too, but usually go to Walmart and get. Wally World keeps chainging the brand of printers every do often and don't always keep a good selection of ink on the older ones I have found.  Almost cheaper to buy another printer than spend money on the ink sets, it's a shame.

#6 lyall OFFLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,747 Thanks
  • 1,398 posts

Posted September 30, 2016 - 07:20 PM

had several ink jet printers over the years until I started get old laser jet printers from work.

I was in the IT department and helped sell the old computers, printers and other parts.

got 2 - HP 1100 laser jets ($20 each and extra cartage for $5).  Gave them away when I got a HP color laser jet for $50,

It lasted many years until it wore out.  Got new Lexmark color laser jet T432.  Still going strong after 5 + years.  Have buy new toner for each color once a years ( around $50 each - 4 different colors).

Got 3 old Kyocerb  FS-1800+ ( Black only) for $10 each and 2 toners for $5 each. Got them from work 6 years around.

They are old workhorse printers.  They have over 30,000 print out when I got them.  And they should last me a long time.

• Sawdust said thank you

#7 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted October 01, 2016 - 08:22 AM

Sounds like a good program