4 replies to this topic

#1 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted September 29, 2016 - 02:50 PM

Well I know this is a long shot, But I'm looking to sell or partially trade my 1927 Hudson Essex super 6 2 door sedan. It is a project! I bought it with intentions to have a friend help me build it into a hot rod or rat rod. But I'm super busy and he has too much on his plate to take on the project. So since he is the fabricator, and I am not, I need to let the car go to a better home. The car was stored in a barn for a long time. It is all original and is very solid. There is general surface rust on the car but it's solid. There is a few small rust holes between the drivers door and the engine compartment, but to me they are minor and to be expected on a almost 90yr old car. The spots are small and can be easily repaired. The drive train is all there, but I have no idea how much it would take to get the car running. From my understanding the super six Hudson is a good hot rod platform because the stock frame is longer and suspension was beefed up to house the straight 6 motor in the front. So a small block will fit in between the frame and firewall without cutting and fabricating a whole firewall from scratch. I'm looking to sell it for $4000, or I will entertain trades for a nice Bolens large frame with several attachments + cash for it. I may consider other tractors in the LF Bolens class, like a Massey 1855, Wheelhorse d series tractor, Simplicity or Allis Chalmers Powermax. But any tractor trades must have attachments, like tiller, blower, mower deck, etc. Thanks for reading!

Attached Thumbnails

• hudson.jpg

• KennyP, MFDAC, Dane in PA and 1 other said thanks

#2 Dane in PA OFFLINE  

Dane in PA

Dane in PA

• Contributor
  • Member No: 9535
  • 497 Thanks
  • 579 posts

Posted September 29, 2016 - 02:52 PM

Oh, man --that thing is a beauty.  I wish I had the cash to spare.  

Holding out for a Model T Ford....

One day...

#3 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted September 29, 2016 - 03:28 PM

Oh, man --that thing is a beauty.  I wish I had the cash to spare.  

Holding out for a Model T Ford....

One day...

My uncle went to look at a Model T and the old guy had this Hudson tucked away in the corner of his barn. My uncle started asking him about the car, and the guy was pretty attached to it for whatever reason. He said he wanted to restore it someday, but he wasn't sure he was going to be able to anymore. My uncle left his number and bought the model T from the guy. The guy called back and said he'd sell the car to my uncle because he was sick, and wasn't gonna be in any shape to restore the car. So My uncle called me because he had already bought the model T. I decided to give it a shot and bought it. At the time I was working with my fabricator friend on a normal basis, so I figured we'd clear some of his projects out of his shop and bring my car in for a chassis. Well then my wife and I started a family, my buddy took on several more big projects(building race cars), and just this year my wife enrolled in 4 more yrs of college. So I doubt this car will ever get done at this point, so Its time to move on I think!

• MH81 and Dane in PA have said thanks

#4 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted September 29, 2016 - 04:11 PM

Shame to Rod that, looks pretty good for stock rebuild.  I can't buy it, but would be neat to have to work on I'm sure. 

#5 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted September 29, 2016 - 06:42 PM

Shame to Rod that, looks pretty good for stock rebuild. I can't buy it, but would be neat to have to work on I'm sure.

I've had people tell me it be too hard to restore it stock, and people tell me it be better off stock. I myself don't like my cars stock. It is a good car for either direction someone would choose to go with it. It even has a stock steel storage trunk on the back. It's a cool car I think! Just no time for it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale