another question about my new PK

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 molineman OFFLINE  

• Member No: 84760
  • 5 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted September 29, 2016 - 08:35 AM

I heard these clutches are touchy are these Power Kings. One thing I noticed is if I let the clutch out kind of quick, the front of the transmission tunnel lifts up then goes back down. Is the there some bolts loose or missing or is this normal because of the torque on the rear end?

Edited by molineman, September 29, 2016 - 08:35 AM.

#2 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,137 Thanks
  • 2,269 posts

Posted September 29, 2016 - 09:24 AM

It's been a while but my guess is you have some loose bolts.  These tractors do have a good amount of torque and there will always be a little movement in the tube but the sheet metal shouldn't move.

• molineman said thank you

#3 EconChuck OFFLINE  

• Member No: 18979
  • 245 Thanks
  • 285 posts

Posted September 29, 2016 - 09:26 AM

Yes, you have bolts loose/missing in the torque tube to transmission connection.

You will need to remove the tunnel sheet metal to get to this area.

I would certainly check all motor mounting bolts also.

• tractorgarden and molineman have said thanks

#4 Alc OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,282 Thanks
  • 6,485 posts

Posted September 29, 2016 - 10:37 AM

Please check all bolts and cracks around  the frame .The 2418 I bought with a broken transmission was from a  broken frame around the rear . Bought it without the engine so I'm not sure what it was acting right before the transmission  but don't take that chance

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 6,362 posts

Posted September 29, 2016 - 04:28 PM

Might be able to reach some bolts from UNDER the tractor if you can work in tight spots or have odd tools. Getting tin off is a major job, but check many things while it is off if you do remove. Disconnecting hydraulic hoses and routing back thru the holes is a little tough and some messy. Get yourself some of those plastic pipe fitting plugs and put into the holes and hose ends to keep most oils inside.  Might check the rear axle mounts. They are the little squares back on frame with axle thru them. Many times those come loose and leak at the bolts then.