• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 blackjackjakexxix OFFLINE  

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,278 Thanks
  • 1,702 posts

Posted October 07, 2016 - 10:24 PM

That's a very nice sign,glad to see your making progress on the tractor,will be watching
  • redcarkids said thank you

#32 redcarkids OFFLINE  

• Member No: 7555
  • 228 Thanks
  • 449 posts

Posted October 08, 2016 - 04:12 PM

Well quick sideline story,  went to Grand Rapids Michigan today and came home with 2 more for the herd.  Wrong color but for free I could not go wrong.  John Deere 212 with a snow blower, and a John Deere 300 with hydraulics.  very excited about getting these in the shop after the Bolen gets running.

I did try to start the Bolens today and she turned over just fine.  Waiting on coil and condenser and points. 

that's my brother in law who gave me the mowers in the last photo

Attached Thumbnails

• 20161008_145226.jpg
  • 20161008_145241.jpg
  • 20161008_160614.jpg
  • 20161008_101310.jpg

• KennyP said thank you

#33 redcarkids OFFLINE  

• Member No: 7555
  • 228 Thanks
  • 449 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 04:44 PM

G9 update   got my new coil condenser and points today.   Called the neighbor guy over for help.  we got the flywheel off with a puller he had made.   went very well, popped right off.  Boy was it dirty under there.  we put only the condenser in  since the points were not burnt.  they looked real good.  I cleaned the fly wheel really well. got all the rust off.  put her back together and guess what?   She is alive!!!!! :dancingbanana:  :rocker2:  At least with starting fluid she ran. Had a wonderful  blue spark.  Ok   now she only ran with me squirting starting fluid into her.  Noticed gas shooting out the side of the carb at a gasket area.  I found a old gasket and we tor her apart and put the new gasket in.  then we cranked it again.  She was a alive again and running better  :D .So since we had such success I said lets quit and stop for the night.  So jack left.  I was cleaning up shop and decided to crack one more time.   She started right up on her own and ran.   then I noticed we had the throttle on full fast.  I backed her off and she smoothed out and ran very good for a 15 year slumber. I went to slow her down some more and she died.  but hey I am very happy.  I feel that some carb tweaking will bring her around. :thumbs: Going to put the housing back on tomorrow and maybe take her for a spin in the drive way.   Have a video of her running but not sure how to post it. 

• Bolens 1000 said thank you

#34 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,445 Thanks
  • 17,086 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 04:51 PM

Congrats on getting her running!

#35 TravelinJavelin ONLINE  

• Member No: 84768
  • 7 Thanks
  • 21 posts

Posted October 17, 2016 - 09:38 PM

free is always good that's for sure nice on getting her going again!