19 replies to this topic

#16 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,358 Thanks
  • 1,475 posts

Posted May 27, 2011 - 07:46 PM

Well it isnt gonna turn out as bad as I was figuring. Comprehensive insurance will cover it and her deductible is only $50. We are gonna pay her the deductible and let her pick out a new air conditioner so its not gonna be bad at all really. It's going to be more of a fight with her to let us do it though. She allready told my wife today that she was gonna pay it and not us, but thats not gonna happen. My mother-in-laws a great person, we get along better than I do with some people in my own family as our views on things pretty much parellel each other. Don't think there'll be any tossing of her out any windows anytime soon.

#17 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted May 27, 2011 - 07:52 PM

Insurance won't cover the air conditioner?

#18 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,292 Thanks
  • 28,624 posts

Posted May 27, 2011 - 10:48 PM

Insurance won't cover the air conditioner?

Yeah, I think it would. It was part of the accident. Did you insurance agent ask about it?

#19 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,358 Thanks
  • 1,475 posts

Posted May 28, 2011 - 06:03 AM

Her insurance will but they will have to send an adjuster out to look everything over because she made a claim a little over a year ago for her stove when the glass top broke and if she claims this one as well it is going to make her insurance go up 40%. It's cheaper for her in the long run if the air conditioner is left out of the picture .

#20 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,292 Thanks
  • 28,624 posts

Posted May 28, 2011 - 06:52 AM

Her insurance will but they will have to send an adjuster out to look everything over because she made a claim a little over a year ago for her stove when the glass top broke and if she claims this one as well it is going to make her insurance go up 40%. It's cheaper for her in the long run if the air conditioner is left out of the picture .

Wow, 40%??? Holy cow! At least her agent is honest enough to let her know that and work with you.

We have a few agents around here that do the personal thing like that. The ones that don't, I wonder how they stay in business... Insurance is generally hereditary, the agent your parents have is who you go to... Unless they are awful.