Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,443 Thanks
  • 6,611 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 05:51 AM

I had a pleasant experience with Advance Auto that I thought I would share . I ordered a small soft top roof bag for my daughter yesterday , one of those buy online pickup at store .  Online price was $29.99 , printed the conformation receipt  ,  when she came home the box had a sales sticker  $14.99 .  Boy was I mad  , quickly asked my daughter " didn't you see this ? "   She said " yea Dad look at the sales receipt , it's on the seat "   . Even though my conformation was original price they changed the price to the sale price  when she picked it up   

• DougT, Gtractor, MH81 and 8 others have said thanks

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,585 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 06:20 AM

Glad they did as they should've. :thumbs:
  • boyscout862 and Xrperry have said thanks

#3 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 06:24 AM

I have alot of parts stores to choose from these days and have had decent service at other Advance locations but until the current manager at my closest one gets the boot I will shop elsewhere. The manager has "his own" warranty terms, doesn't seem to get the concept of "lifetime" especially if it is something that has been warrantied once already,  common with today's electronic sensors especially)  or if it was originally bought over a year ago, he must think nobody keeps anything longer than that.... I have had my Wrangler for 16 years and counting, and have had to re buy a few things over the years because of him....  shocks was the one that hurt the most and the current ones like the last ones are supposed "lifetime" warranty.... I have put 2 sets on in all those years and had to pay for both at that store because the manager refused to honor the warranty. so I am done shopping there.

• Alc, Sawdust, chieffan and 1 other said thanks

#4 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,746 Thanks
  • 7,517 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 07:13 AM

I have alot of parts stores to choose from these days and have had decent service at other Advance locations but until the current manager at my closest one gets the boot I will shop elsewhere. The manager has "his own" warranty terms, doesn't seem to get the concept of "lifetime" especially if it is something that has been warrantied once already,  common with today's electronic sensors especially)  or if it was originally bought over a year ago, he must think nobody keeps anything longer than that.... I have had my Wrangler for 16 years and counting, and have had to re buy a few things over the years because of him....  shocks was the one that hurt the most and the current ones like the last ones are supposed "lifetime" warranty.... I have put 2 sets on in all those years and had to pay for both at that store because the manager refused to honor the warranty. so I am done shopping there.

Send a copy of this to his corporate headquarters. Let them explain if it is their policy or his. They may not know what he is doing. The squeeky wheel gets the grease. Good Luck, Rick

• Alc, HDWildBill, jpackard56 and 3 others have said thanks

#5 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,134 Thanks
  • 4,486 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 07:14 AM

Way to many time any more "Lifetime Warranty" means the life of the product.  When the product fails, it's life has ended and so has the warranty.  What a bunch of BS.  Have one parts store in town, national name but privately owned.  Most of the time he has to order what I need.  Last Friday  hydraulic fitting.  Since a #4 was to small he ordered a #6, which was to big.  Didn't know they came in odd number sizes too ? ?   Could get the ones I needed but they had to come from Denver and would be about $12 shipping them.  Items cost $4.76.  Had to drive 32 miles one way to a JD dealer to get what I needed.

• MH81, boyscout862 and Xrperry have said thanks

#6 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,479 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 07:23 AM

ALC, glad you had a good experience

I don't think it's the manager, I think it's corporate.

I've had the same issue. I bought a "limited lifetime" warranty on a water pump meaning as long as I own vehicle, they will replace. I also bought the same year "lifetime" warranty on some brake pads meaning they would replace no matter what. They told me I didn't need to keep receipt as they store it in the computer.

Then in 2014 both water pump went out and brakes also needed replaced. Both times they refused me because I didn't have my receipt. I told them I was told they stored it in the computer.

Their response...." our system has changed and we only store purchased items on computer for 2 yrs, Sorry" 

I too had to re-buy as I needed them right then.

Well, sorry for you too as I no longer purchase much there unless I am in a pinch. If I know I need an item, I buy all my stuff from Rock Auto. Usually same brands much cheaper.

We ordered a clutch set from Rock auto for the boy's bronco, $72 shipped to the door. Advance has exact same item on their website, $179.99

• MH81, Alc, boyscout862 and 3 others have said thanks

#7 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 08:43 AM

I like Napa & Rock Auto. Like mentioned sometimes I have to wait a half day or the next day to get parts. My worst experience is with KOI. I've got three sets of brake pads under their lifetime warranty & it's been a fuss everytime. They tried their no receipt, they only store info for two years & even told me one time I had to return the old ones in the original box. Well each time I had my receipt & went back with the box. The look on their face was funny. I think they did do me in on the last set because I'm seeing a lot of brake dust on the front wheels. This normally only happens with the cheap one year brakes. Glad Advance Auto worked out well for you.
  • Alc, boyscout862 and Xrperry have said thanks

#8 Xrperry OFFLINE  

Xrperry
  • Member No: 73285
  • 264 Thanks
  • 306 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 09:38 AM

i bought a lifetime muffler from a shop, had them weld it on, 3 weeks later shop was gone. must have been lifetime of the shop not the muffler lol.

• Alc, Cvans, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#9 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,391 Thanks
  • 1,526 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 11:06 AM

I've had great luck with my local Advance Auto, they know me when I walk in the door(right next too where I work, they come into the store where I work too), my local TSC is the same way, I use NAPA too and have no problem there either, the local CARQUEST is pretty good too.

• boyscout862, Sawdust and Xrperry have said thanks

#10 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,746 Thanks
  • 7,517 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 12:10 PM

My local NAPA is great. I only buy from them about once per month but they even know my voice when I call. No problems on warranties even when I lost the reciept. There are still some good people out there but you got to do abit of hunting for them. Good Luck, Rick

• Sawdust and Xrperry have said thanks