• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 molineman OFFLINE  

molineman
  • Member No: 84760
  • 5 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted September 25, 2016 - 06:53 PM

I just purchased my 1st PK it is a 1614. My question do people use 6 lug 16" implement wheels for back wheels on this tractor or what are you guys using?

Edited by molineman, September 25, 2016 - 07:55 PM.

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted September 25, 2016 - 08:15 PM

Even Chevy truck wheels are same pattern, yet no weight holes or such. Not sure what was used, but think even Front wheels from some bigger tractors will work. Ebay usually has actual PK ones for sale most times. I see you are MM fella. I was into those too, but now only have an old R to redo. In my avatar is my PK painted up with Moline colors.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20160416_192324.jpg

Edited by glgrumpy, September 25, 2016 - 08:17 PM.

• tractorgarden said thank you

#3 Glenn Ayers OFFLINE  

Glenn Ayers
  • Member No: 65363
  • 35 Thanks
  • 51 posts

Posted September 26, 2016 - 04:11 AM

Better check those Chevy truck wheels .... I don't think they'll fit.

#4 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,007 Thanks
  • 833 posts

Posted September 26, 2016 - 07:20 AM

Hi molineman welcome to Power King ownership and to the group, how about a few pictures of your PK, yes 16" implement wheels will work but make sure they are 6+ inches wide, some farm tractors had 16" wheel on the front that work good.

Edited by MNGB, September 26, 2016 - 07:21 AM.

#5 molineman OFFLINE  

molineman
  • 5 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted September 26, 2016 - 06:38 PM

Here is a pic of my new toy

Attached Thumbnails

• pk.png

• grnspot110, Alc, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#6 MiCarl ONLINE  

MiCarl
  • Member No: 75926
  • 845 Thanks
  • 485 posts

Posted September 26, 2016 - 06:52 PM

Check the measurements of your existing wheel against this one: http://www.millertir...6-6-hole-wheel/

I bet it's the same.

• MNGB and molineman have said thanks

#7 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,007 Thanks
  • 833 posts

Posted September 26, 2016 - 07:05 PM

Hi molineman that's a nice looking PK so what's with your question about the wheels they look good to me. The wheels from Miller tire tha Mi Carl posted the link for looks like a direct fit to me.

• molineman said thank you

#8 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted September 26, 2016 - 07:13 PM

pretty good lookin machine you got there Moline man....

This a really helpful bunch on here !

• molineman said thank you

#9 molineman OFFLINE  

molineman
  • 5 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 04:54 PM

The other wheel on the other side is worse. I think there might be fluid in the tires also...........They are rotting away around valve stems from fluid that leaked......Another question do all of the PK's have a rubber piece on the clutch pedal? does anyone sell these and also the shifter boots?

#10 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,459 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 05:08 PM

They probably put calcium in the tires!

#11 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted September 28, 2016 - 05:33 PM

If some good metal around the stem hole, you can remove and have area welded up with new metal, keeping orig wheels.  Usually no rubber on clutch. Some are just round stock and later they welded a sort of flat-bar step on them with bent up edge to outside. Have seen people put rubber hose or such on them, just make sure it is snug or might be rolling out from under shoe when you don't want it too. Keep in mind many of these clutches are kind of ON/OFF action, hard to regulate smoothly until you get used to it. There is lots of movement on the lever, yet first few inches is what really does the release action. Shift while stopped and clutch in and not rolling the drive-line to keep from grinding gears.  Can't shift on the fly most times. I've had models that shift hard and need this action or even had some could shift real easy, even when still moving. Seems to be no standard. Best to be stopped for most models and less hard on the drive-train. The boot on the shifter is usually just a slip-over item called a "witches hat" because it looks like one. Does not fit into trans top or the tunnel tin, just kinda sets over the outlet for the shift shaft and deflects the water.  There are diff sources for those on epay, Mission Manufacturing in IN, and fella in Texas. Others may have source addresses, but most can be seen on ebay, lots of items on ebay for PK.

• classic said thank you

#12 Austen OFFLINE  

Austen
  • Member No: 33768
  • 855 Thanks
  • 567 posts

Posted September 29, 2016 - 05:16 PM

Good looking machine! :thumbs:

#13 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted October 01, 2016 - 06:06 AM

Just a little FYI....I just finished sand blasting the rims and centers on my `74 PK 2414 yesterday and I found an IH symbol cast on the centers. I`m guessing they probably were for the smaller Cub, A , Super A  and 100 series offset tractors so you might check their bolt pattern too.

Also the silvery color of the rims is paint.....and don`t know for sure but the look of the base metal doesn`t look like a standard mild steel....I`m guessing it may be of some sort of corrosion resistant material.....not SS but something of a little different mix.

Also I bought a Black Bull 90 pound sand blaster pot off of Amazon for about 130$ last week and it worked like a charm.....I had a couple of bags of fine sand blasting sand I bought a couple of years ago. I run it thru a strainer thingy from the kitchen since one of the bags had been open for a couple of years. It worked flawlessly ...not one clog. Took about 45 lbs of sand to do the 2 rims of the 24" and about a half a bag for the 2 centers. I was using a Craftsman 60 gallon tank with a compressor I upgraded last year....the compressor is rated for 11-15 cfm and it kept up easily with blaster in constant use.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wheels