36 replies to this topic

#16 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,079 posts

Posted September 25, 2016 - 08:50 AM

I never heard of motors having to be titled. Our boats have to be titled.

Borrow or buy a couple trail cams. They are reasonably priced today for decent ones. We keep four of them at the camp. Nothing expensive is kept there now since we pulled our off road stuff out of there

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Edited by toomanytoys84, September 25, 2016 - 09:00 AM.

#17 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 988 Thanks
  • 672 posts

Posted September 25, 2016 - 09:48 AM

How does the saying go, the guy with the most toys...... gets robbed the most! Sorry that's happened to you, the trail cam suggestion is both legal and helpful. Knowing who stole from you is always hurtful but seems to help the good for nothing people our taxes pay to protect and SERVE us.

#18 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • Member No: 72922
  • 414 Thanks
  • 180 posts

Posted September 25, 2016 - 12:37 PM

I never heard of motors having to be titled. Our boats have to be titled.

Borrow or buy a couple trail cams. They are reasonably priced today for decent ones. We keep four of them at the camp. Nothing expensive is kept there now since we pulled our off road stuff out of there

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I dont think it has much to do with theft recovery(there are lots of ways around ID tags and vin plates)it has lots to do with missouri;s tax and fee the crap out of you problem,They make you register the boat ,motor and trolling motors separate(3 times the money that way),we have double taxation forced on us each year when you register your car.They have your property tax like everybody does then they have whats called a personal property tax ,It is a tax on your vehicles (based on the year) and on tools ,,livestock, campers,boats ,motorcycles,,everything you own for the most part it seems can be taxed(you know that nice shop I have,,,ya your suppose to pay tax on every tool in it every year,They tax you for everything here,Dont sneeze there is probably a booger tax!If yu like chickens and you have a small flock for meat or eggs in your back yard you have to pay a tax for them,its ridiculous .I used to live in wisconsin and never paid most of the taxes they have here ,they even tax food,never had that in wisconsin!Combine that with the low wages the companies pay and the poor people of missouri tend to stay that way.I hope and am planning to finish the remodel on my house over the next year then I plan to sell it all and my shop and move either to iowa or maybe back to wisconsin ,I dont like it here much at all,Neither does my wife or the kids that are still living at home.But we need to do a bunch of research on some other states too,as this move will be my last.We like mid to northern Iowa(by my oldest daughter and her boyfriend) but want to look around too,We know all about wisconsin and all our families are in southern wis so we may do that but houses are quite expensive most places there

• KennyP, oldedeeres, Sawdust and 1 other said thanks

#19 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,079 posts

Posted September 25, 2016 - 06:55 PM

I dont think it has much to do with theft recovery(there are lots of ways around ID tags and vin plates)it has lots to do with missouri;s tax and fee the crap out of you problem,They make you register the boat ,motor and trolling motors separate(3 times the money that way),we have double taxation forced on us each year when you register your car.They have your property tax like everybody does then they have whats called a personal property tax ,It is a tax on your vehicles (based on the year) and on tools ,,livestock, campers,boats ,motorcycles,,everything you own for the most part it seems can be taxed(you know that nice shop I have,,,ya your suppose to pay tax on every tool in it every year,They tax you for everything here,Dont sneeze there is probably a booger tax!If yu like chickens and you have a small flock for meat or eggs in your back yard you have to pay a tax for them,its ridiculous .I used to live in wisconsin and never paid most of the taxes they have here ,they even tax food,never had that in wisconsin!Combine that with the low wages the companies pay and the poor people of missouri tend to stay that way.I hope and am planning to finish the remodel on my house over the next year then I plan to sell it all and my shop and move either to iowa or maybe back to wisconsin ,I dont like it here much at all,Neither does my wife or the kids that are still living at home.But we need to do a bunch of research on some other states too,as this move will be my last.We like mid to northern Iowa(by my oldest daughter and her boyfriend) but want to look around too,We know all about wisconsin and all our families are in southern wis so we may do that but houses are quite expensive most places there

In Ohio we have low taxes. Wv has personal property tax, I lived in pa for awhile and it was tax heavy with local and township taxes.

They are always out to get you one way or another.
  • Reed Breneman said thank you

#20 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 988 Thanks
  • 672 posts

Posted September 25, 2016 - 08:47 PM

Central Wisconsin, same red state ya know and love plus cheap houses and property. The higher you go the better the price! My taxes on 8 acres and a 2400 sq. ft. home are half what my Illinois taxes were on the same house and 1/4 acre.
  • Reed Breneman said thank you

#21 Sawdust ONLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted September 26, 2016 - 07:16 AM

You need to find the Kid and beat his *$@&^%! Has to be a kid that has it in for you or some kid with an old Suburban.Deck belt and now a 3 point arm.Sheesh

I agree with Eric sounds like someone wants to aggravate you. I know a belt & lift arm is important & would be to me too but to a thief...something missing here. I have absolutely very little mercy for a thief...shot at three late one night several years ago. Hope things get better for you. It sounds like your trying to make a good living & doing things right. Don't get discouraged. My son keeps a lot going on in his life....good stuff. I just told him the other day be thankful you have so many opportunities because folks that don't have problems are the ones that sit at home all day, don't work, have no ambition, don't have anything & don't care about anything or anybody. Hang in there friend.
  • oldedeeres and bbuckler have said thanks

#22 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,299 Thanks
  • 2,334 posts

Posted September 26, 2016 - 02:53 PM

Call the Police on his butt.You have to draw a line somewhere even with "friends or even family".I suspect it will only get worse untill you do.You might come out and find slashed tires or worse next time.

#23 zippy1 OFFLINE  

zippy1
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 50881
  • 610 Thanks
  • 383 posts

Posted September 26, 2016 - 11:16 PM

Was telling a buddy today about this thread, and you know how us guys are when we get BSing? He said about ten years ago he noticed he had some firewood missing off his wood pile, then a couple fishing rods and reels from his lean too. So, the guy he is, (no mercy) he loaded up some plywood with roofing nails, and covered them with leaves...

Never had another thieving problem. :oh_shucks:

• Alc, KennyP, Sawdust and 1 other said thanks

#24 bbuckler OFFLINE  

bbuckler
  • Member No: 59269
  • 2,087 Thanks
  • 1,890 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 08:43 AM

Call the Police on his butt.You have to draw a line somewhere even with "friends or even family".I suspect it will only get worse untill you do.You might come out and find slashed tires or worse next time.

It has someone broke our house window trying to get in just notice it this morning. Police department here is under funded ( City is in debt) and last time we called them they didn't even show.

#25 ericjr16 OFFLINE  

ericjr16
  • Member No: 54135
  • 339 Thanks
  • 237 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 08:58 AM

That is horrible! Can't even hope for police help! God willing you get this guy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • EricFromPa and bbuckler have said thanks

#26 pick-to-stone OFFLINE  

pick-to-stone

Living in the past

• Member No: 76550
  • 253 Thanks
  • 371 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 09:39 AM

I hate theifs this weekend had to sit in are moving van were we have all of are stuff stored form are garage and spent the night at my grandfathers shop this summer with my paint ball gun becouse we been losing tools that were put away to be honest we need to put a gate up and give them a shocking surprise

Edited by pick-to-stone, September 28, 2016 - 09:03 AM.

• bbuckler said thank you

#27 bbuckler OFFLINE  

bbuckler
  • Member No: 59269
  • 2,087 Thanks
  • 1,890 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 07:11 PM

Started moving my tools to my bedroom. I'm hoping to move in a couple of months.

Attached Thumbnails

• 14469640_1210774208979581_957531311601144137_n.jpg

• ericjr16 said thank you

#28 Alberta Bolens OFFLINE  

Alberta Bolens
  • Member No: 49650
  • 443 Thanks
  • 252 posts

Posted October 02, 2016 - 11:18 AM

That seems to be a pretty specific item to steel.

Lots of thieving going on in Alberta too.  Acreages and small farms getting hammered.  Seem to have no fear.  I have been lucky lost couple of things over the last 20 years.  Now sheds all have padlocks house and garage locked up tight.  Motion sensor lights.

• Alc and oldedeeres have said thanks

#29 DZG OFFLINE  

DZG
  • Member No: 84305
  • 281 Thanks
  • 266 posts

Posted October 02, 2016 - 12:27 PM

Guess im lucky, never had anything stolen....

Funny story though....

Back when i was a senior in high school i had a 83 F150. I always left my keys in it at home because, well, i didnt think anyone would want it.

One saturday morning i woke up and had to run to town to get some line for my fishing pole, out the door i go, and i look...my truck is gone.

After cussing a few times on the porch i went in to call the police to report it, i grab my cell phone and right as im dialing the number my close friend (almost like a brother) calls, i answered it and he proceeds to tell me how his truck broke down 2 miles or so from my house, he couldnt get a hold of anyone so he hoofs it to my house and takes my truck, cause he knew the keys would be in it.

"Didnt think youd mind" he says.

Truthfully, i didnt, but leave a damn note next time.
  • oldedeeres and ericjr16 have said thanks

#30 jimmy G ONLINE  

jimmy G
  • Member No: 78021
  • 307 Thanks
  • 239 posts

Posted October 02, 2016 - 01:38 PM

Yep an't gonna stop any where, that's the sad state this country is in, last month I lost 1snowblower tire and gas cap, by the time I realized it my running snowblower was full of water, last week I get home and my neighbor Say's he caught someone taking down my gate 5min.s after I left in a FLATBED truck, he said they sounded like they we're my friends and told them to come back when I was home, I told him to call the cop's next time and get the plate number, this was broad daylight(of course they never came back), behind on work and trying to get ready for winter I find myself draining water and shoring up the property for our never ending season of thievery