• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,716 Thanks
  • 871 posts

Posted September 23, 2016 - 07:43 AM

well after my by law clean up order I had thought about selling a few gts, well I did, now usually I sell 1 and buy 2 or 3 but after a quick count I sold 23 tractors, bought 1, a wheel horse 520 with sweep forward axel, now I'm at 55 tractors and have decided the green crap has to go (ha ha ha) I still have a jd rf 110, 3 or 4 112, and couple of 210, 212, 214s, an early simplicity and some bolens . I am also going sell ( cant believe I'm saying this) some horses but how many 310s and 312s do I need ? (want is another thing) as I have 4 of each, this would give me the room to work and restore more than one gt at a time, who knows maybe i'll just keep all my early stuff, the rjs and suburbans (nah!!!  who am I kidding)

• DH1, Gtractor, Cvans and 5 others have said thanks

#2 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,877 Thanks
  • 2,791 posts

Posted September 23, 2016 - 07:50 AM

If the RJS are in nice shape they bring a lot of geld, who doesn't like a little red tractor.

#3 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted September 23, 2016 - 10:02 AM

Wow how did you sell that many tractors that fast???

#4 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,438 Thanks
  • 949 posts

Posted September 23, 2016 - 11:34 AM

Where are you listing your tractors for sale. I would like to find early 60's Wheel Horse, in fact had a empty trailer come all the way from Guelph to Thunder Bay to pick up treasures from me.

• limebuzz said thank you

#5 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,716 Thanks
  • 871 posts

Posted September 23, 2016 - 01:11 PM

yeah it happened pretty fast, 6 jd 140 h3s and 2 140s went first to one guy, than 4 bolens garden masters and 2 ride masters, he told some friends who came and got the portercables and gravelys, a few went on kijiji and some just heard by word of mouth and banged on the door, which my wife hates but shes ok with it because she hates my tractor collection more and is happy to see them go, now you understand why I snuck some home while she was at work ha ha ha , as for keepers I hope tp keep my 8 rjs and 5 suburbans, 6 lawn rangers, but I have someone coming over who I was told has very deep pockets and I was trying to scare him off and he didn't flinch when I told him a complete rj fixer upper would cost him a grand, he wanted to know how much a restored one would be, I was caught off guard and could only say if you have to ask you might not want to know, anyways hes insistent coming Saturday afternoon and he says hes bringing his trailer, I love my restored ones so what do I do, I love money to especially now that my daughter is going to med school, hide them? or simply price them out of reach? what is a fully restored rj going for these days? I have never seen one for sale but I have seen fixer uppers a $1000
  • DH1 and boyscout862 have said thanks

#6 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted September 23, 2016 - 02:01 PM

Good for you John, glad it's working out for ya.

I'd like to find someone with deep pockets too, I got one I'd like to sell.

#7 JBRamsey OFFLINE  

JBRamsey
  • Member No: 61995
  • 973 Thanks
  • 587 posts

Posted September 23, 2016 - 03:05 PM

Here's my rule on pricing something that i really don't want to sell. Price it so high that if they bite, you can't turn it down and laugh all the way to the bank.

Now this rule does have a few caveats. Some things I will never sell regardless. Like my first gun my Daddy gave me when I was 11. Or the dasher and press that my grandma used to make butter to feed my Daddy and uncles. Things like that. For me to sell those kinds of things it would take enough money to significantly and permanently change life for me and my boys. And I don't see that happening.
  • limebuzz and boyscout862 have said thanks