3 replies to this topic

#1 Doug E. ONLINE  

Doug E.
  • Member No: 78641
  • 245 Thanks
  • 135 posts

Posted September 21, 2016 - 09:04 AM

Gents,

After noting(perhaps even whining) recently that large frames rarely come up for sale in this area, we had 2 HT20s and two Ht23s come up for sale with in about 6 weeks.  I was able to snag one of the Ht23s at a price below my threshold of pain.  It is in reasonable shape for the age and has not been beat to death.  The linkages are fairly tight without a lot of slop.  I am still looking it over and researching what I can find on it and large frames in general. 

From what I am understanding, I will need a 3 point hitch in order to use some attachments such as a Brinley plow, and some attachments that I think I would like to make.  I missed my opportunity to pick up a 3 point recently off of an Ht20.  

Does anyone have sketches for a 3 point that I can use to build from?  Or is there anyone on here in Eastern Washington that has one I can measure?

I would like to put one on the 1250 I picked up, but I see that the frame does not extend back like on the Ht23.  How does the 3 point attach onto a 1250?

Thanks,

Doug

#2 Clevis ONLINE  

Clevis
  • Member No: 82966
  • 201 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted September 21, 2016 - 10:19 AM

Hi Doug.
Did you pick up that ht23 I saw pop up on CL last weekend in Spokane? It was gone in a half day. That one looked like a decent tractor at a great price - under $500 for an HT. You'll have to post some pics!
The HTs do use a different hitch than the earlier large frames. I was just recently in your shoes, looking for a hitch. One came up last week on CL here on the Portland area for me. I have seen a thread on one of the sister forums where someone posted CAD drawings of the HT 3 point hitch. I'll see if I can find it again and link it for you.
If you're looking for a 1250 hitch, member steevo has one for sale in the Boise area. But it's part of a package deal- you have to take his 1250 and various parts with it. He's offering a sweet deal if you want a hitch plus a parts tractor.
  • boyscout862 and Doug E. have said thanks

#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 11,838 Thanks
  • 8,677 posts

Posted September 21, 2016 - 01:37 PM

Check our Manuals Section for the big shop manual for the later large frame Bolens. The plans may be there too. Good Luck, Rick

• Doug E. said thank you

#4 Clevis ONLINE  

Clevis
  • Member No: 82966
  • 201 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted September 21, 2016 - 02:52 PM

Does anyone have sketches for a 3 point that I can use to build from? 

Here is a thread I think will help you -

http://gardentractor...6-3point-plans/

• Doug E. said thank you