4 replies to this topic

#1 Husky OFFLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63
  • 922 Thanks
  • 892 posts

Posted September 21, 2016 - 07:01 AM

Hi would anyone know if I could swap my 1886 cessna power steering control valve and cylinder assy with one that came off of a HT series tractor? That one is the newer style control valve and cylinder assy. I'm wonder if #1 is it the same overall length and would bolt right in and #2 would my eaton 12 have the proper pressure to run it. I'm asking because my cessna control valve is no good from what I can tell it leaks internally even after replacing the orings. Thank you for any info on this.

See my post for some history on this

http://gardentractor...n-on-your-1886/

#2 blackjackjakexxix OFFLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,344 Thanks
  • 1,753 posts

Posted September 21, 2016 - 07:38 AM

I put a unit on my 1886 from an HT-20,I had no problems,BUT have been told you need to replace the proportioning valve at the steering tower,I didn't have do it on my 1886 and had no problems,the HT one was a direct bolt on,worked very well

• Husky said thank you

#3 Husky OFFLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • 922 Thanks
  • 892 posts

Posted September 21, 2016 - 09:37 AM

Great to know. I wonder why they told you about the proportioning valve. If yours works then I may pursue that avenue. Thank you for that info I really appreciate it.

#4 Husky OFFLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • 922 Thanks
  • 892 posts

Posted September 22, 2016 - 11:27 AM

Hi Rick I'm guessing that your 1886 already had the complete power steering setup on it and all's you did was swap out the cylinder assy on the side of the tractor? That's what I would like to do if I come across an HT series cylinder assy.

#5 blackjackjakexxix OFFLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,344 Thanks
  • 1,753 posts

Posted September 23, 2016 - 07:41 AM

My 1886 didn't have power steering,I added it several years after buying it,I got a HT-20 parts tractor that had power steering,did the change over
  • Husky said thank you