• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,574 Thanks
  • 2,791 posts

Posted September 19, 2016 - 01:33 PM

i went to update my location on the map an i can not remember where it was the last time i found it??

#2 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,822 Thanks
  • 2,324 posts

Posted September 19, 2016 - 02:56 PM

I remember it being in the users profile, don't see it now.

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,353 Thanks
  • 7,733 posts

Posted September 19, 2016 - 03:13 PM

I believe that has been removed now??  There was some info in other posts on it missing and something about "Privacy".   Have to ask the new owner's, whomever that is, not sure now.

#4 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,957 Thanks
  • 29,757 posts

Posted September 19, 2016 - 03:28 PM

The member map is no longer being supported by the current management. It seems keeping the existing integration in the existing software was difficult to maintain

Or something like that.
  • Bolens 1000, ducky, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#5 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,837 Thanks
  • 1,434 posts

Posted September 19, 2016 - 03:54 PM

Uh Huh... Well how is some poor Gt nut with a small 3.5 acres that can be fenced away from the bull that needs plowed supposed to invite a few local folks over to have some fun some afternoon if he can't see if anybody is local ? I had checked with one of the mods (I know he is supper busy) but I figured even though I couldn't see who was local I figured you guys could...??
  • olcowhand, ducky, Gtractor and 3 others have said thanks

#6 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,957 Thanks
  • 29,757 posts

Posted September 19, 2016 - 04:25 PM

Nope, we can't see any more than you
Wish I could help.

Best you may be able to do it start a thread asking who lives within __ hours of _____?
  • Bolens 1000, ducky, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#7 Little Irish Men ONLINE  

Little Irish Men
  • Member No: 61934
  • 808 Thanks
  • 465 posts

Posted September 19, 2016 - 04:46 PM

No map , No E-bay link , NO support. Just pay your  dues , at the first off the month. .... Just like a slum lord .! ! !  Hell I will  take a point ?If He  / they reposed faster then a slum lord looking for his rent on the first of the month.  Going to hell in a hand basket...

Patrick.

• Bolens 1000, olcowhand, ducky and 4 others have said thanks

#8 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,837 Thanks
  • 1,434 posts

Posted September 19, 2016 - 04:49 PM

Nope, we can't see any more than you Wish I could help. Best you may be able to do it start a thread asking who lives within __ hours of _____? Well phooey...So o.k. I guess I'll try that. I was hoping to get a little feed back also on ideas as to potential liabilities and such from somebody that had a plow day before, hmmm
  • ducky, MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#9 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 14,611 Thanks
  • 17,951 posts

Posted September 19, 2016 - 06:39 PM

No map , No E-bay link , NO support. Just pay your  dues , at the first off the month. .... Just like a slum lord .! ! !  Hell I will  take a point ?If He  / they reposed faster then a slum lord looking for his rent on the first of the month.  Going to hell in a hand basket...

Patrick.

No points from me!

• ducky, Gtractor, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#10 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 38,782 Thanks
  • 30,694 posts

Posted September 19, 2016 - 06:51 PM

Nope, we can't see any more than you Wish I could help. Best you may be able to do it start a thread asking who lives within __ hours of _____? Well phooey...So o.k. I guess I'll try that. I was hoping to get a little feed back also on ideas as to potential liabilities and such from somebody that had a plow day before, hmmm

I'll send you a pdf of the release form I use.  ..........Just sent to your email.

Edited by olcowhand, September 19, 2016 - 06:54 PM.

• ducky, MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#11 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,822 Thanks
  • 2,324 posts

Posted September 20, 2016 - 07:36 AM

We can always set up a section on here based on region. Many forums have that.

• backwoods said thank you

#12 Austin ONLINE  

Austin
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Member No: 78762
  • 648 Thanks
  • 633 posts

Posted September 20, 2016 - 10:49 AM

We can't add the map back. We can't get a new one. This is what my tech team is telling me. We tried to fix it and the threat of more issues was to much to justify it. 

I'm sorry. 

#13 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 13,138 Thanks
  • 9,617 posts

Posted September 20, 2016 - 08:03 PM

In site ownership, there is a difference between 'promoting and growing' a site, and 'doing enough to keep the wheels from falling off'. In my opinion, Carbon Media just wants to sit back and collect the advertising $$.

In the site store, the only thing in there is Site Supporter and Site Sponsor options. There's some pride in your product there.

You may want to invest in a lug wrench, btw.
  • Bolens 1000, olcowhand, ducky and 4 others have said thanks

#14 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 8,627 Thanks
  • 4,700 posts

Posted September 20, 2016 - 09:21 PM

Its like someone is stabbing an ice pick through the FlexSeal covering the screen door in the bottom of the boat. :(

And since I don't wish to complain without offering a solution:

How about a regular thread with the sole purpose where people can voluntarily put their location with states,  provinces, or countries in alphabetical order?  Then if you need help from a member that is close to your newest "find" they could help in the purchase.  Also, we fairly recently had a member who had family broken down along I-70 for an extended period of time. 

Sure be great to have a thread to easily find who is close for some assistance.  I'm not computer savvy, but I can't see as that would take any special software yet we'd still be able to access fellow members location.         Whadda-U-think????

I have the "user names/real names" thread bookmarked so I can reference it, and I reference it fairly often.  Makes an easy way to find what you need.

• Bolens 1000, KennyP, backwoods and 1 other said thanks

#15 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,964 Thanks
  • 4,087 posts

Posted September 21, 2016 - 12:09 AM

This situation with the disappearing map saddens me greatly.  I was one of the people that suggested a map to George way back when and it went over big time.  In no time at all he had it setup and running for us to enjoy.  People from all over the world put there location on it.  Correct me if I am wrong but I think there were 500 - 600 flags on the map the last time I saw it.

Now if other sites, running the same software, can still keep their map functioning way does this new owner have such a difficult time doing it.  Would there be an issue with the quality of people they have manage the software or lack there of?  Would it be possible they would have to spend some of the money we (You and Me) and the advertisers give them.

I have emailed Austin on this and get the same excuse about the software that will not work with the map that we had years.  

Cat hit the nail on the head.  This site does not have a flat tire but all the lug nuts are falling off.  Has anybody noticed a problem with Tractor of the Month since George left.  It looks like a couple of our Mods are trying to keep it alive because the new people do not have time to commit to job.  What the H3!! is happening here?

I feel bad I paid my supporter donation so far out but I guarantee you I will pay no more. 

Sorry it has been a long day but I had to get this off my chest.

• Bolens 1000, Gtractor, KennyP and 4 others have said thanks