• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • Member No: 72922
  • 402 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted September 18, 2016 - 10:36 AM

Well I have a new job,I am still doing auction work but I know coming into winter that the auction business around here gets real slow ,usually I have made enough money I dont need to work a job all winter if I am careful on spending,Not so this year,This year has been real slow all summer and now thru december we have several coming up I still wont have enough money to keep things afloat soooooo,I applied for a job doing floor care at the local hospital and got it,The nice part for me is I work from 6;30 pm till3 am ,Mon thru friday ,all weekends off and 6 paid holidays off(no work on holidays in my department ) and the paid time off you get in my opinion is great (24 days par year) so a grand total of 30 paid days off per year with no restrictions and you earn and can use them as you go or you can let them build to 740 hrs worth if you want,The hours work real well with the other things I do so maybe I will be able to make a real living again and not burn myself out.They also have a good rate of pay and I get a shift premium and retirement and healthcare and here is the best part ,I work with some real nice people,the shift goes by so fast because of this.That is a real plus because I have worked places that had great benifits but the other employees were such a drag to be around :thumbs:

• olcowhand, Gtractor, MH81 and 9 others have said thanks

#2 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,041 Thanks
  • 4,972 posts

Posted September 18, 2016 - 11:57 AM

Awesome. Jobs are hard to find
  • boyscout862 and Reed Breneman have said thanks

#3 CRFarnsworth OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 3,590 Thanks
  • 1,717 posts

Posted September 18, 2016 - 02:20 PM

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,648 Thanks
  • 28,306 posts

Posted September 18, 2016 - 02:23 PM

Sounds like a good match in a growing service industry.

#5 Eric OFFLINE  

• Member No: 41778
  • 926 Thanks
  • 645 posts

Posted September 18, 2016 - 03:57 PM

Jobs are extremely easy to find, I think what you mean is good jobs! What most people mean when they say that is jobs my lazy good for nothing but wants to do are hard to find, but we can save that conversation for later.
  • toomanytoys84 and Reed Breneman have said thanks

#6 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • Member No: 72922
  • 402 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted September 19, 2016 - 07:54 AM

Jobs for me have always been easy to find ,but finding a good one and one you may actually want to show up for is tough.I use to take almost anything as long as it payed something,Then I figured out self employment was the best for me and I have been self employed most of my adult life but when my work was slow I always took a job.Now at 50 years old I am picky about what I do and what I put up with.But it seems when employers hear I am self employed for the most part they are wanting to hire me real bad .I imagine its because when you are self employed you tend to have lots more drive to succeed because you do everything from bottom to top and it seems you have to work 100 times harder and longer then if you work a 9 to 5 job and they think you will do that for them,,,,My thought anyway.I will be at this job for a while but hope to get too busy for it in a year or two.I am going to work harder on auctions and also doing more work from my shop.I love to be there and whats the point of haveing a commercial shop like mine if all you do is fix a few things you own but most of the time you are never there.(It has been 2 wks till yesterday since I have even set foot in the door)kinda silly I think so I am really gonna push the shop,My wifes Idea ,she says start having some regular hours there every day and get it going like I have other businesses we have had and it will work out so thats what I am gonna do plus work the hospital for now(I will keep that as a safety net in case the shop idea dont work)

• jpackard56 said thank you