3 replies to this topic

#1 Walkinman1 OFFLINE  

Walkinman1
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 34918
  • 713 Thanks
  • 552 posts

Posted September 17, 2016 - 12:10 PM

I know this topic has been covered at length but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for and I'm hoping someone can help direct me...
Has anyone swapped a single cylinder Kohler into a 782? I know anything CAN be done but I'd like to keep sheet metal intact as much as possible... I have a K301 that I was taking a few measurements from and it appears that it may fit although it would be pretty tight (didn't realize how big those singles are compared to the KT17 twins).
On a side note: I've found many examples of swapping other twins into a 782 but if I'm gonna spend the money to do that I'll probably just rebuild the engine in it now...

#2 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,358 Thanks
  • 1,475 posts

Posted September 17, 2016 - 12:37 PM

That 12hp should fit in there with no problems.  You will basically be making it into a model 1282.  That was a single cylinder 12hp.

#3 Kyocum OFFLINE  

Kyocum

• Member No: 6171
  • 280 Thanks
  • 403 posts

Posted September 17, 2016 - 03:08 PM

As long as its a 12hp with a gear starter. If its a starter gen style the side cover wont fit without cutting out a portion where the st/gen is and a lot of rewiring.

#4 Walkinman1 OFFLINE  

Walkinman1
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 34918
  • 713 Thanks
  • 552 posts

Posted September 17, 2016 - 03:22 PM

Thanks guys, I wasn't sure if the 1282 was essentially the same or not. The one I have is a starter-gen style and while the wiring doesn't scare me at all I'd rather not have to cut the side panel and that's what I was afraid of...