12 replies to this topic

#1 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 24, 2010 - 06:18 PM

I don't know if this is a tractor but, does any one know what a POW-R-BOY is? There's a portion of one sitting in the old tree nursery behind my house. Its yellow in color. It still has one set of wheels on it... I'm guessing 10-12 inch diameter wheels. Not sure if that is the drive or steering axle. Above those wheels is a "body". It's screened on the sides, so maybe it's the engine cover???? All that's showing on the other end is the frame. It is kind of a "box frame". The whole thing looks to be about 5' long. Sorry for the weird description with no picture. It's cloudy here, today, so I don't think a picture would come out too good. There is, literally, tons and tons, of junk back there. I would love to go through it all. Might have to ask the owner, some day, if he would mind me having a look around. I can see a welder that looks like it might have an old 2 cylinder engine on it. Also there's a hood peeking out, of another pile, that looks like it may be a David Bradley walk-behind. This stuff has all been sitting for years, and is half buried in weeds and trees. I'm sure there are several "treasures",in there, that need to be rescued!:bounce:

#2 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted March 25, 2010 - 06:06 AM

I can't help you with pow-r-boy but isn't it fun to poke through a pile of old equipment! Good luck on your treasuer hunt.

#3 poncho62 OFFLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 634 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted March 25, 2010 - 07:54 AM

I can't help you with pow-r-boy but isn't it fun to poke through a pile of old equipment! Good luck on your treasuer hunt.

Just don't get yourself shot....lol

A few pics would be cool....

#4 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 25, 2010 - 08:16 AM

The only Pow-R-Boy reference I've found, so far, is for a small walk-behind rototiller. I'll try to get pictures sometime. The thing is half buried in a pile that's about 6' deep. I've just been viewing this all from my back fence. I'm definitely asking the guy before going on his property. He's just the type that might shoot ya!

#5 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 25, 2010 - 03:19 PM

My camera isn't that great, and I'm not a good photographer, but here's a picture of the Pow-R-Boy...whatever it is. I don't think it's a tractor. It's hard to tell what belongs to what, but it looks like there is a lever sticking up from the frame?GEDC0346..jpg

#6 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted March 25, 2010 - 03:45 PM

That looks like it is one of those places you could spend all day searching through........
Its hard to tell exactly what is all there. But if you can, sneak up and get some more pics!!!!:D

#7 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 25, 2010 - 03:58 PM

I posted some more pictures in the "Off Topic" forum

#8 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted March 25, 2010 - 03:59 PM

I posted some more pictures in the "Off Topic" forum

I spotted them ...:bounce::blush2:

#9 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 27, 2010 - 07:42 AM

Figured it out... It's a Hahn-Eclipse RER, made in the 1960's. There's a brochure for sale on ebay that looks just like it. (item 38009285972). I know it's just a lawn mower, but if it's built like the other Hahn products I've owned, then it's a "tank" of a machine.

As a note: Hahn-Eclipse was bought by Gravely

#10 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 27, 2010 - 08:00 AM

Figured it out... It's a Hahn-Eclipse RER, made in the 1960's. There's a brochure for sale on ebay that looks just like it. (item 38009285972). I know it's just a lawn mower, but if it's built like the other Hahn products I've owned, then it's a "tank" of a machine.

As a note: Hahn-Eclipse was bought by Gravely

Interesting.

#11 thw123 OFFLINE  

thw123

• Member No: 1602
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 10:23 AM

This is an old Hahn Rototiller. I have one in my garage that I still use in my garden. It came equipped with 5.0 hp Briggs and Stratton engine. I cannot find parts for it anymore and I am in serious need of some gaskets.

I don't know if this is a tractor but, does any one know what a POW-R-BOY is? There's a portion of one sitting in the old tree nursery behind my house. Its yellow in color. It still has one set of wheels on it... I'm guessing 10-12 inch diameter wheels. Not sure if that is the drive or steering axle. Above those wheels is a "body". It's screened on the sides, so maybe it's the engine cover???? All that's showing on the other end is the frame. It is kind of a "box frame". The whole thing looks to be about 5' long. Sorry for the weird description with no picture. It's cloudy here, today, so I don't think a picture would come out too good. There is, literally, tons and tons, of junk back there. I would love to go through it all. Might have to ask the owner, some day, if he would mind me having a look around. I can see a welder that looks like it might have an old 2 cylinder engine on it. Also there's a hood peeking out, of another pile, that looks like it may be a David Bradley walk-behind. This stuff has all been sitting for years, and is half buried in weeds and trees. I'm sure there are several "treasures",in there, that need to be rescued!:bounce:

#12 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 10:56 AM

Welcome, thw123

We would love to see some pics of your machine :)

#13 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 11:02 AM

Welcome, thw123

We would love to see some pics of your machine :)

:ditto::welcome: