#1 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted September 12, 2016 - 06:17 PM

Bought a Massey this spring for the engine mostly. I have two other gear tractors that need major help and was going to use this on them. I was tearing it apart right on the trailer today after getting it home, figuring to just toss parts in new barn for now. Then got curious if engine might run. well battery box hooked up and had to jump rignt to the start/gen to spin it. Seemed pretty good, and compression. SO, found selinoid on it, and just clicks when I cross the stuck push button that was in it. I pulled from dash and just crossed wires. Then went down to selinoid and across small and big terms and get same click. I put gas in it and went back to starter jump. No go. Then touched positive cable to the gen pole as I touched it and barely cranked and took right off!! Scared heck out of me, not expecting. No muffler, but not too loud. Then playing with throttle revs good,but when coming down it starts to idle but then dies off. So, for now, keep it little faster idle. I can now also just jump the start term and it goes. Not sure why yet the other way doesn't work with selinoid. Everything is so rusty, maybe bad grounds. While running I moved the go lever and got a little move each way. I had the bypass open to push tractor, so went at that and turned and it wanted to go just like normal. back and forth, very hard to find Neutral. I oiled up the linkage system on top of trans case/frame and worked it and was much better. THEN, stood on back end, no sheet metal on this thing now and drove it around yard. Mama got a video, will show if I can link and if I can put on U-tube. Won't make any promises on that. Not bad for a $35 tractor! Don't smoke, starts right up! The place for tractor tag was messed up and tag missing. Not sure what model exactly or year, but MF12 manual seemed to be correct one.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20160911_174501.jpg
  • 20160911_174440.jpg

Edited by glgrumpy, September 12, 2016 - 06:18 PM.

• DMAX, KennyP, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#2 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,110 Thanks
  • 3,203 posts

Posted September 12, 2016 - 06:52 PM

I believe it to be a 1969 or older model. Great that it runs for ya.

Noel

#3 DMAX ONLINE  

DMAX

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 264
  • 182 Thanks
  • 70 posts

Posted September 12, 2016 - 07:00 PM

I'm glad you gave it a try and it runs! The nose cone even looks complete enough to be saved. Not bad at all!

#4 Merle013 ONLINE  

Merle013
  • Member No: 74432
  • 124 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted September 13, 2016 - 12:27 AM

Great find. Great price.

#5 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360