• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,593 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted June 01, 2011 - 01:51 PM

If you disconnect the solenoid the engine will still start? My electrical knowledge is pretty green so it's not making sense to me-sorry.

Yes, it will start fine with it disconnected IF the tip is removed. When the key is turned to the "on" position, it throws voltage to the solenoid, allowing gas to pass. With the tip removed, it doesn't matter if the solenoid is connected to power or not.

#32 Berry OFFLINE  

Berry

• Member No: 3616
  • 0 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted June 01, 2011 - 07:40 PM

Yes, it will start fine with it disconnected IF the tip is removed. When the key is turned to the "on" position, it throws voltage to the solenoid, allowing gas to pass. With the tip removed, it doesn't matter if the solenoid is connected to power or not.

Well I just got done mowing 2 foot high grass for about 2 hours. She ran like a brand new machine due to the advice of yourself and others. Took the complete pin out of the fuel solenoid and disconnected the electrical connection. The only thing that is happening now which actually has been going on for some time is when I turn the key off it keeps running. So you guys are the bomb as they say and thanks again.:pushmower:

#33 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 01, 2011 - 07:45 PM

As Daniel stated earlier in the thread, if you let it idle down at low idle, for atleast a minute, it will stop dieseling when you turn off the key..Glad you got it fixed.

#34 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,261 Thanks
  • 28,604 posts

Posted June 01, 2011 - 08:38 PM

Well I just got done mowing 2 foot high grass for about 2 hours. She ran like a brand new machine

Now THAT is good news! Glad to hear you got it running. Dan is the man when he thought of that stupid solenoid being the problem.

#35 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted June 01, 2011 - 09:03 PM

Great advice Dan! That thought occurred to me briefly when he mentioned the electrical side of the problem, but I dismissed it out of hand as I've not had any experience with them. I'm just very happy that you got the answer finally! I am very glad that you got it running Berry! That is awesome!