9 replies to this topic

#1 WrenchinOnIt ONLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8592
  • 2,514 Thanks
  • 732 posts

Posted September 11, 2016 - 06:28 PM

Toppled this pine , it was too close to the house and it's ever shedding needles keep plugging the rain gutters, I hated to do it, we enjoyed the shade and it's pleasant fragrance. I left it when I started clearing the land to build , you couldn't even see it was back in there, its shade was welcome for our picnic table as we built the house so it was with mixed feelings when I " timber'd " it.
Oh yea the Massey.. Bought it in '92 when I started to clear the property, purchased from its original owner and he took very good care of it. Got it , bought a 5' brush hog ,a 6' 3pth rock rake and a logger winch that mounted to the 3 pth and went to work. It skidded hundreds of logs off the property , some sold for lumber, some fire wood, and a lot of the junk just burnt. That was 24 yrs ago, I sold the log winch and brush hog years ago because I no longer needed them. Today I wished for the timber winch but I made do.
The 135 has the 3cyl Perkins , PS ,independent PTO and multi power, seems some don't care for the multi power mostly because of its free wheel aspect in low. Never had an issue and for tilling I like the slower gear in low but it will push the tractor.. To each their own. Put some new front rims and skins on it and need to get them painted.
That pine was close to 60' and was just shy of 36" at the trunk. Today me, the Massey, my Stihls , the Ford diesel and OF COURSE an HT 23 put a dent in it anyways ( the tree that is , no equipment was injured in the undertaking)

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

Edited by WrenchinOnIt, September 11, 2016 - 06:34 PM.

• DMAX, daytime dave, Gtractor and 4 others have said thanks

#2 propane1 OFFLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,101 Thanks
  • 3,194 posts

Posted September 11, 2016 - 07:06 PM

Nice tractor. Just wondering about the fenders, don't remember those on a 135, think they were common on the 165 thou. Any how, great fun had by all, I would say.

Noel
  • WrenchinOnIt and Marty'70 have said thanks

#3 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted September 11, 2016 - 07:35 PM

That was a nice job of tree removal.  That is a really nicely kept Massey Ferguson.  A great tractor.  Thanks for showing it in use.

#4 Marty'70 OFFLINE  

Marty'70

I didn't do it! Unless you have paperwork to back it up

• Member No: 72105
  • 729 Thanks
  • 632 posts

Posted September 11, 2016 - 08:50 PM

Nice tractor. Just wondering about the fenders, don't remember those on a 135, think they were common on the 165 thou. Any how, great fun had by all, I would say.
Noel

I just want to know the year of your Massey. When I was a teen, my dad and grandpa both owned 135's on the family farm. Dad's had the rounded hood and rounded fenders. Grandpa's had the squared off fenders and hood like yours.. OK dad's was older, I believe early 60s.I remember hearing grandpa's was a 65 or 66. Now really confusing... Was at a tractor show all last week and there was a 135 with square hood but rounded fenders!!! I believe it's tag said it was a 67??? I'm confused as to what fenders and hoods go with what years!
  • WrenchinOnIt said thank you

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,206 Thanks
  • 28,581 posts

Posted September 11, 2016 - 10:34 PM

Nice team. Love the Massey. Looks a lot like the 165 we have.

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,347 Thanks
  • 39,627 posts

Posted September 12, 2016 - 05:21 AM

Looks like your 'crew' did a great job on that tree!

#7 WrenchinOnIt ONLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 2,514 Thanks
  • 732 posts

Posted September 15, 2016 - 05:40 PM

Noel

As far as I know they are original I've seen them with the lights in the squared fenders like mine.

I just want to know the year of your Massey. When I was a teen, my dad and grandpa both owned 135's on the family farm. Dad's had the rounded hood and rounded fenders. Grandpa's had the squared off fenders and hood like yours.. OK dad's was older, I believe early 60s.I remember hearing grandpa's was a 65 or 66. Now really confusing... Was at a tractor show all last week and there was a 135 with square hood but rounded fenders!!! I believe it's tag said it was a 67??? I'm confused as to what fenders and hoods go with what years!

Sorry I don't now the year, for a couple of years I had this and a round fenders model with the Continental gas in it. Below is a pic of a pic of it years ago and a dump wagon we made when we were clearing the land.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20160915_1820445_rewind_kindlephoto-4527823.jpg

• MH81 and propane1 have said thanks

#8 propane1 OFFLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,101 Thanks
  • 3,194 posts

Posted September 15, 2016 - 07:46 PM

I believe that the 135's were the same engine bonnet and front grill, same as garden tractors, from about 1966 to 1976. The rear fenders were always round on the 135's. Or so I thought. I very well could be wrong, but it also could be an England made tractor with that type of square rear fenders, maybe, but England tractors had the lights mounted on the front grill. So, I don't know. Only thoughts that I figured.

Noel

#9 Marty'70 OFFLINE  

Marty'70

I didn't do it! Unless you have paperwork to back it up

• Member No: 72105
  • 729 Thanks
  • 632 posts

Posted September 15, 2016 - 09:29 PM

I do know my grand dad bought his new from a local dealer with square fenders with lights in the fenders.

Sent from my QMV7B using Tapatalk

Edited by Marty'70, September 15, 2016 - 09:32 PM.

• MH81, WrenchinOnIt and propane1 have said thanks

#10 WrenchinOnIt ONLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 2,514 Thanks
  • 732 posts

Posted September 17, 2016 - 09:29 AM

I believe that the 135's were the same engine bonnet and front grill, same as garden tractors, from about 1966 to 1976. The rear fenders were always round on the 135's. Or so I thought. I very well could be wrong, but it also could be an England made tractor with that type of square rear fenders, maybe, but England tractors had the lights mounted on the front grill. So, I don't know. Only thoughts that I figured.
Noel

As I Googled Massey 135 most if not all the pics of the square fender'd ones definitely look European, across the Lake from me a gentleman has several (4 or 5) 135's and he has a squared fender one. I searched TractorHouse and all but this one are round fender models http://www.tractorho...ey-ferguson-135
I'm thinking there must of been a couple years these were on them , option ?
Thanks for your input.
  • propane1 and Marty'70 have said thanks