• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 DZG OFFLINE  

DZG
  • Member No: 84305
  • 281 Thanks
  • 266 posts

Posted September 12, 2016 - 09:02 AM

A few ideas for ya IMO--> Don't shoot me guys!

First off the 2185 would be the first to go in my book. It's a recent MTD product and may be worth something for the tranny and tires/deck.. Fix the motor if you can but they don't fetch a lot of $$ in my area anyway..

Next up would be (Speaking of MTD.. the 2050.. Yes, they are a nice machine but a lower value machine aka- stamped metal frame....

The snowblower.. If it don't work, there are a lot of them I see abandoned on the side of the road free for the taking.. Buh bye..

Pressure washers.. The pumps are the usual culprit followed up by dirty fuel systems. pretty easy to fix but I see lots of them running for ~$50 on CL. A $70 pump and your in business.. Buh bye to one of them..

FORD LT8.. Another lower end light GT in my book.. See ya...

The engines- If they are smaller HP with holes in the blocks---> out! The Wisconsin would stay in my wife's parking spot in the garage! Larger twins or common engines would be keepers for future acquisitions.. (Like you won't pick up another machine!) :spamani:
The plow? It's your call.. Post up a picture in the forum here so someone may know what it fits.. Go from there..

The 77 LTDII? As an old Ford owner I'm kinda biased.. If it looks like this:

ltd.jpg

KEEP IT!

Lots of $$$$ can be eaten up working on these.. The big ? is how bad is it?

The Lone Ranger- Another how bad is it and can I afford to fix it? If not, offer it up to some like minded individual..

Just a few suggestions and personal feelings from a guy who has whittled his mower collection down to just one of everything but it all works!

Good Luck with the wife when she sees the Wisconsin!! :D

You are thinking kind of along my lines. The 2185 i really dont have much desire to mess with, i was just keeping it because of the drivetrain, (i wanted to transplant it into one of the G9s), but the only G9 with a nice body i want to make original anyways.

The 2050 i wouldnt of messed with but i didnt do my research, i thought it dated back to atleast the 80s, but its currently in my shop on blocks, ill mess with it some but im not gonna put much thought into it i dont think.

The LT8 i was plannin on useing as a toy for trail riding, the jury is out on if itll stay or not.

All the motors i have are good, no holey blocks :), the wisconsin ive thought about selling but i dont know if it runs or not, i was told it did.

The LTD II is in nice shape, it was my first car, 351w/FMX trans. 2 door, although its baby piss yellow :) lol, all it needs is a timing chain, carb, and fuel tank. BTW is that your LTD?

The ranger....ehhh its sentimental but needs alotttta work.

Thanks for the help guys, i think im gonna sell some, but not all of it. Maybe keel an eye out for another 149 cub.

EDIT........

Heres a pic of the LTD circa 04, it still looks the same, been sitting in a garage since 07.

4518870023_large.jpgphoto host

Edited by DZG, September 12, 2016 - 09:05 AM.

• Gtractor and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#17 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • Member No: 72922
  • 414 Thanks
  • 180 posts

Posted September 12, 2016 - 10:31 AM

Me ,I personally like most gt's and like to see how they all differ ,Good and bad,I currently only have 1 that I wouldnt sell unless you had a stupid amount of money in front of me ,My 72 jd 110 with the tiller and snow blower,Only reason is I like everything about it,,simply said ,But otherwise I like to sell and trade  in all kinds of older gts,I really only have 2 requirements for trading or selling,!I will come out ahead on my investment(this can be monetarily or something very interesting to me) and 2I enjoy what I do,the search for and process of aquireing (buying or trading) and how I did it Those 2 requirements met and I am good.

#18 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,306 Thanks
  • 4,658 posts

Posted September 12, 2016 - 11:45 AM

That's the color my car WAS when I got it!  It's not an LTD but a 1970 Torino GT..

This is when I bought it:

14o88c4.jpg

It didn't stay that color long as I was less than enamored with it too!

This was a few years back:

2pseslc (1).jpg

Edited by WNYTractorTinkerer, September 12, 2016 - 03:42 PM.

• DZG said thank you

#19 DZG OFFLINE  

DZG
  • 281 Thanks
  • 266 posts

Posted September 12, 2016 - 01:03 PM

Thats a damn fine torino.

390?

The LTD II is the only old ford car ive ever owned, actually the only car ive ever owned besides my 99 Vic interceptor i got rid of years ago.

Ive got an affinty for the 73-79 trucks, ive had 7 or so of them in the 12 years ive been driving. Including my daily driver 77 F250 i currently have.

#20 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,306 Thanks
  • 4,658 posts

Posted September 12, 2016 - 03:40 PM

I wish it were a big block!  I could get a 351M cheap but want to keep the original 302.  The engine is due for a rebuild sometime in the near future..  Time & $$$ is all it takes.  I still haven't win the lottery so it sits as is..  I had a 351W that would have dropped right in but sold it to a guy who needed an engine fast..  I'm still kicking myself for doing it..  That was out of my 75 Torino I wrecked a long time ago..  I did the prep work for the paint job 20-some years ago and it is getting to need it again..  Still looks great driving down the road though..  

Paint your car's rims JD Green and put a hood emblem on it!!   :D

Some Magnum 500's would make that baby you got look great in my book..  Ditch the Starski & Hutch rims ya got!

Edited by WNYTractorTinkerer, September 12, 2016 - 03:41 PM.

#21 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted September 13, 2016 - 03:39 PM

A few ideas for ya IMO-->  Don't shoot me guys!

First off the 2185 would be the first to go in my book.  It's a recent MTD product and may be worth something for the tranny and tires/deck..  Fix the motor if you can but they don't fetch a lot of $$ in my area anyway..

Next up would be (Speaking of MTD..  the 2050..   Yes, they are a nice machine but a lower value machine aka- stamped metal frame....

The snowblower..  If it don't work, there are a lot of them I see abandoned on the side of the road free for the taking..  Buh bye..

Pressure washers..  The pumps are the usual culprit followed up by dirty fuel systems.  pretty easy to fix but I see lots of them running for ~$50 on CL.  A $70 pump and your in business..  Buh bye to one of them..  

FORD LT8..  Another lower end light GT in my book..  See ya...

The engines-  If they are smaller HP with holes in the blocks--->  out!  The Wisconsin would stay in my wife's parking spot in the garage!  Larger twins or common engines would be keepers for future acquisitions..  (Like you won't pick up another machine!)   :spamani:

The plow?  It's your call..  Post up a picture in the forum here so someone may know what it fits..  Go from there..

The 77 LTDII?  As an old Ford owner I'm kinda biased..  If it looks like this:

ltd.jpg

KEEP IT!

Lots of $$$$ can be eaten up working on these..  The big ? is how bad is it?  

The Lone Ranger-  Another how bad is it and can I afford to fix it?  If not, offer it up to some like minded individual..

Just a few suggestions and personal feelings from a guy who has whittled his mower collection down to just one of everything but it all works!

Good Luck with the wife when she sees the Wisconsin!! :D

Agree 100% with this post.

#22 DZG OFFLINE  

DZG
  • 281 Thanks
  • 266 posts

Posted September 14, 2016 - 05:57 AM

I wish it were a big block! I could get a 351M cheap but want to keep the original 302. The engine is due for a rebuild sometime in the near future.. Time & $$$ is all it takes. I still haven't win the lottery so it sits as is.. I had a 351W that would have dropped right in but sold it to a guy who needed an engine fast.. I'm still kicking myself for doing it.. That was out of my 75 Torino I wrecked a long time ago.. I did the prep work for the paint job 20-some years ago and it is getting to need it again.. Still looks great driving down the road though..

Paint your car's rims JD Green and put a hood emblem on it!! :D

Some Magnum 500's would make that baby you got look great in my book.. Ditch the Starski & Hutch rims ya got!

This is part of the reason mine is still not running, ive been putting alot of thought into what i wanna do with it...

Either keep the stock 351W and just cruise it, yank the 351W, change the motormounts and bellhousing and put in a heated up 400. (460s are to cookie cutter, plus the 400 was an original option), orrrr go all out and build the 351 into a fire breather. Im leaning toward the 400, i had a 78 dually with one that had some work done and it ran like a raped ape.

.....and yes, the rims will be one of the first things gone, replaced with magnum 500s wrapped in some BFG radial T/As.

I also have a factory sport wheel and sport cluster to install :), as well as a 3.25 geared 3rd member to replace the crazy high 2.50
  • WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you