That must have been real gooey!
yeah... it was,
I got the property owner's CC 1200 and 1250 out and we mowed about half of it, which we had planned on doing anyways, me on the 1200 and my wife on the 1250. I used the last of my gas that I brought with to top off the 1250 and away we went. We had finished out what we had figured on mowing, and then when she got the truck stuck and we called our kid with the 4X4, we just continued mowing knowing it would take him a while to get there, I nearly ran the 1200 out of gas so I drained my 129 that is also stored there to feed the 1200...... cant believe how well 12HP plows thru tough tall grass as opposed to some of todays with smaller decks that claim to have close to 2X that HP..... that NH has a fresh 12HP Kohler Magnum on it-- new rod, overbore, piston/rings, valves with about 10-12 hours on that engine since I did all that to it.....even though the original engine was a K321(14HP) which I still have. Being only a week since it was last mowed it wasn't as bad as last time but yet alot heavier than I expected for having only been a week gone by.
there were only a couple of spots within the yard that I thought we'd have issue with while mowing, being soggy.... that wound up not being a problem.
Once we got the Dakota unstuck in the middle of the yard (even the front wheels had started to sink as it sat there waiting for a tug) I took the NH over there to mow that area now that there wasn't a truck sitting there and I was surprised the mud that stayed within the cleats, it didn't seem to throw any of it off, even when I gave the hydro lever "full tilt" out in the middle of the high ground. The camper wheels didn't seem to sink once we got it free of the ruts that it had created by its own weight of having sat there, in that same spot for 14 months// so I thought that as long as I stayed to the side of where I'd buried the tractor the 1st time that I could get past the wettest spot. nope. I have been out there in past years after even more rain than we have had recently and it seemed that this particular barn used to have powder dry ground even when the rest of the yard around it was soggy......not any more i guess. the ground within that barn, was the wettest on the whole property today. (it needs to be opened up on both ends for a couple days so the breeze can help dry it out)
We went out there to mow last weekend and were gonna get the camper out then (it was dry in there then) but had some place to be so we ran ourselves out of time..... so we mowed and left. the thought last weekend was to get it out of that barn and at least get it over to the corn crib on the other side of the yard as it at least has a concrete floor.... with what we had today I wish I'd have gotten the camper moved then.
Like my tractors and my 80 Plymouth Volare, this camper is another resto project..... this is my 3rd Apache popup camper that I have had (5th, if you count the 2 parts campers that I have had-- one stripped and gone, 1 yet to be stripped) and will be the 2nd that I have actually camped in. I need to get it into shape in time for the campout that I have reservations for in a month.... otherwise the tent comes out of the attic. (would not bother me, but the wife......)
Edited by dodge trucker, September 11, 2016 - 07:59 PM.