4 replies to this topic

#1 WrenchinOnIt OFFLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8592
  • 2,515 Thanks
  • 732 posts

Posted September 11, 2016 - 04:21 PM

Nice unit, 2sp rear end, cruise control, all new fluids and filters, new battery, new air filter ,75# rear weights, have new muffler and new hood and cowl decals (any thing that goes on the blue, was going to repaint the blue). It has some scuffs and bruises , nothing major, runs very strong , been using it on a couple projects to haul loads in wagon , no issues no complaints. Original hours, meter works.
Deck blew the gearbox several years ago and PO let it rot out in the weather, lost the gear box and no luck finding a used deck. Hope was to get a deck and see how it mowed, Tractor was always stored out of the weather and it shows. It's in NW PA. PM for price , question, more pics, video of start and run , Etc.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

Edited by WrenchinOnIt, September 11, 2016 - 05:37 PM.

• blackjackjakexxix, CRFarnsworth, propane1 and 1 other said thanks

#2 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,115 Thanks
  • 3,205 posts

Posted September 11, 2016 - 05:24 PM

Nice. I cannot buy it , but was wondering, who made it. Jacobsen, Gilson, or other manufature. Also wondering if a 50" deck from a LGT 165 Ford would fit it, or a Gilson made yt16h or an LGT 18. Just wondering.
Nice lookin tractor. None of those in my area.

Noel.
  • WrenchinOnIt said thank you

#3 WrenchinOnIt OFFLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8592
  • 2,515 Thanks
  • 732 posts

Posted September 11, 2016 - 05:32 PM

Nice. I cannot buy it , but was wondering, who made it. Jacobsen, Gilson, or other manufature. Also wondering if a 50" deck from a LGT 165 Ford would fit it, or a Gilson made yt16h or an LGT 18. Just wondering.
Nice lookin tractor. None of those in my area.
Noel.

Thank you. It's Japanese Shibaura manufactured with their diesel, no the decks are specific to the 14 & 16 hp of this model, as far as I can find out nothing else will fit it, parts are mostly available but looking into a new mower gearbox and inerds for it sticker shock puts it mildly. I think it's a 1987

Edited by WrenchinOnIt, September 11, 2016 - 05:38 PM.

• blackjackjakexxix and propane1 have said thanks

#4 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,115 Thanks
  • 3,205 posts

Posted September 11, 2016 - 06:52 PM

That was the other name it was thinking of, shibaura. Expensive parts. I did some work on a 1220 ford compact tractor last year. They are made by shibaura. One tie-rod end was over $100.00. I wouldn't want to get into engine, transmission or differential parts. Holy.

Noel

#5 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 539 posts

Posted September 18, 2016 - 05:11 PM

The mower deck is the same as used on the older Kubota G series, same goes for the hydro rear end and the optional 3 point hitch that is rare as hen's teeth.  Nice looking tractor though, good luck with the sale. Mike

• WrenchinOnIt and gksyn have said thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale