Garden Tractor Forums banner

1946 David Bradley Find

10K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  trowel 
#1 ·
Hi Guys, I've been off the Air for a while, under the weather but this week Things have started getting back on track. My Buddy Russ Reynolds Picked up these two David Bradley Tractors and brought them Over this weekend for me to tinker with and I did my Homework & Uncovered some incredible info. they are BOTH Model 9175751, the very First David Bradley Walk Behind , Post War, Two Wheel Hooded Garden Tractors Made & Sold By Sears
1946 -1949 They're in Sad Shape, I Call the hooded One "The Ugly" But You Still Gotta Love Them. Here's a Link To one of two videos I made on them and some Still Pics. Showing the Distinguising Points Of Identification that I mention in the video. I Won't be Restoring Them $$$$$$$ but Do Hope To get at least One of them back To Life.... YouTube - ‪9175751 First Post War David Bradley Tractor Sold By Sears 1946‬‏

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
What are the series numbers, I have quite a few of these and I have had 2 of the first 6 produced best I could tell (assuming they started at series 100 or 101) Unfortunately one of them was so bad that I had to scrap most of it, but kept the tag and other savable components. It appeared as though it lived under water for an extended period of time which I would believe since it vame from a city that had some bad flooding last 10 years or so.

#3 ·
Casey, The serial Numbers are 137 on The Hooded One , and 182 on the Other One. The I.D. Plates were so Dirty & Rusty They were Impossible to read no matter what i did, So I had to take them off and soak them in gasoline, then clean them with Goop, Rub some White Highlighter over the Numbers & Wipe them off, just to read them. Here they Are.

Attachments

#5 ·
Casey, I Absolutely Agree, I usually Never take the tags off but no matter how much I tried I just couldn't read them. Believe me these tags were in the worst shape i ever seen. It took a lot of soaking & scrubbing with a Toothbrush just to get them so i could read them. If I knew myself or someone else was going to truely attempt to restore them I certainly would of Never Taken the tags off but i know I'll never Restore these, at best i hope to get one going with a repower or Donate them to someone else who is restoring one..... As You can see, they are Both in Very Ugly Condition....but you still gotta love 'em!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.