Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 5,915 Thanks
  • 5,821 posts

Posted September 12, 2016 - 04:57 PM

I'd be in my glory scouting that place out. I'll bet your having a ball.  :D

Please keep us informed and take a good light with you next time. Watch for holes in the floor so you don't get hurt.

Any chance there is a basement under it?

• nglauer said thank you

#17 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • Member No: 46660
  • 402 Thanks
  • 354 posts

Posted September 13, 2016 - 10:39 PM

Concrete slab, parts section is a little room about 12x16 with shelves on three walls and a rack/shelves in the center. Nothing big. I tried to contact the son today to schedule a time we could meet, and didn't get an answer. Hopefully he calls me back sooner than later.

Nick
  • blackjackjakexxix and Cvans have said thanks

#18 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • 402 Thanks
  • 354 posts

Posted September 19, 2016 - 06:21 PM

Still haven't had a chance to meet with the owners son. Hopefully this week will be the week lol
  • Cvans said thank you

#19 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • 402 Thanks
  • 354 posts

Posted September 24, 2017 - 05:49 PM

Still haven't had a chance to meet with the owners son. Hopefully this week will be the week lol

Welp, finally snagged these parts. Took me many years to get in, then roughly a year or more to get him to part ways with them. I'm not even sure what's in the box.. but it looks promising.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  • blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#20 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • 402 Thanks
  • 354 posts

Posted September 24, 2017 - 05:59 PM

Finally after an eternity, I am officially the owner of a box of NOS Bolens parts. I'm not 100% sure what all is in it, but for what I ended up paying.... I couldn't have gone wrong. I know there are old steering wheel center caps (round and triangle) and a few misc. Decals. I saw one side panel for a 1476 that is chrome and brown (be good to create a reproduction if none are out there, but it's not good enough to use) lots of springs, washers, bushings, universal joints, beveled gears, brackets, pins, and splined joints. Also two cans of paint. Original cordovan and yellow. The yellow is still full and liquidy too. The cordovan however is not. Lots of little boxes of neat things too, plus a complete NOS tiller driveshaft (I think). Also picked up a crazy big hook, and a dash for something, with a decal. I also picked up some old NOS IH and Cub Cadet pieces, and Kohler pieces. I was shocked when I listed the three NOS Cub cadet grilles and they sold instantly on ePay... I was even more shocked how much they took, along with paynotmypal lol. Cub Cadet Specialties picked them up if anyone needs one :) (If Rich is on here, he was super easy to work with and payed me top dollar for them). Good guy for sure.

Nickc0e9428af52bd2c9ea0b771490c836c8.jpg7705c35c07e7f53c40c20b612faa2c20.jpgb1ad066026099437935c4223817ce0fa.jpgf4828d64fd410564f7c09a66e7e21e00.jpg69eb6df91d61c5823bd5da606ae1b958.jpg58e2830d07a30f242bf77b598bdac265.jpg

Edited by nglauer, September 24, 2017 - 06:41 PM.

• Bolens 1000, blackjackjakexxix, Cvans and 3 others have said thanks

#21 Austen ONLINE  

Austen
  • Member No: 33768
  • 1,272 Thanks
  • 770 posts

Posted September 24, 2017 - 07:37 PM

Nice! its not everyday you come across something like that.

#22 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • 402 Thanks
  • 354 posts

Posted September 24, 2017 - 09:16 PM

Nice! its not everyday you come across something like that.

I agree. I had tried to deal with the guy clear back when I started this post. He wanted 150.00 for the driveshaft, 300.00+ for the bolens parts, and even more for the old micro film he had for the bolens stuff... I also tried to pick up the Kohler parts and IH Cub parts and he wanted another 300.00+ for them. Most of the Cub stuff was gone aside from the grilles and some misc wiring and parts for some of the IH farm tractors. I picked the 3 grilles for 15.00, the wiring harnesses (made for big IH around 706 and up) for 10.00, the whole box of Bolens stuff for 10.00, the driveshaft for 5.00 and the orange universal joint for 3.00. the box is pretty big and has small boxes stacked 3 deep. I cannot wait to get the garage organized so I can inventory it this fall. I'm in the middle of getting rid of a few things in my shop so I can install some cabinets and parts bins. I'm really hoping some of these parts will be handy for my old tube frames and HT's. I grabbed up anything with Kohler written on it too, so that was part of the 10.00 I spent for the box. I never thought to grab up any of the old Tecumseh parts. I suppose they were for the bolens tractors, along with the Wisconsin boxes I saw. If anyone need JD parts, they still have a decent amount of small JD parts, along with Husqvarna chainsaw parts. Someone picked most of the other McCulloch, Homelite, and Stihl parts though. I didn't have time to dig much, but I'm really happy with what I ended up with.

Nick

• tom631, blackjackjakexxix, Cvans and 1 other said thanks

#23 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,795 Thanks
  • 5,499 posts

Posted September 24, 2017 - 10:06 PM

I agree. I had tried to deal with the guy clear back when I started this post. He wanted 150.00 for the driveshaft, 300.00+ for the bolens parts, and even more for the old micro film he had for the bolens stuff... I also tried to pick up the Kohler parts and IH Cub parts and he wanted another 300.00+ for them. Most of the Cub stuff was gone aside from the grilles and some misc wiring and parts for some of the IH farm tractors. I picked the 3 grilles for 15.00, the wiring harnesses (made for big IH around 706 and up) for 10.00, the whole box of Bolens stuff for 10.00, the driveshaft for 5.00 and the orange universal joint for 3.00. the box is pretty big and has small boxes stacked 3 deep. I cannot wait to get the garage organized so I can inventory it this fall. I'm in the middle of getting rid of a few things in my shop so I can install some cabinets and parts bins. I'm really hoping some of these parts will be handy for my old tube frames and HT's. I grabbed up anything with Kohler written on it too, so that was part of the 10.00 I spent for the box. I never thought to grab up any of the old Tecumseh parts. I suppose they were for the bolens tractors, along with the Wisconsin boxes I saw. If anyone need JD parts, they still have a decent amount of small JD parts, along with Husqvarna chainsaw parts. Someone picked most of the other McCulloch, Homelite, and Stihl parts though. I didn't have time to dig much, but I'm really happy with what I ended up with.

Nick

Great buy Nick!   If you like to part with any of it I would be interested.     I love to play with the paint see if I could get a sample to get a code off and repo the decals.    

• nglauer said thank you