• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • Member No: 46660
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted September 10, 2016 - 12:48 PM

I have been wanting to look inside this old john deere dealership here in ohio for years. Well, yesterday was my chance. The building finally changed hands, and i was granted a pass to see inside. I was shocked to find NOS wheel horse, IH Cub, lawnboy, and BOLENS stuff on the shelf. Granted it was only a few boxes of bolens stuff... but still cool. I believe it was mainly common parts, but i still did a happy dance. They had quite a bit of vintage husqvarna and mccullogh chainsaw parts. The place is in horrible disrepair and a huge mess. The new owner was clearing everything out, to turn the building into a storage facility. I asked them about buying the few boxes of bolens items, and plan on meeting them next week. Maybe there is something cool hidden inside those little boxes. Biggest item was a nos tiller drive shaft (black), and a set of used Goodyear terra ags. They had a little bit of yellowed paint on them and we're pretty well used.

I'll update when i go back.

Nick
  • Bolens 1000, MH81, Bruce Dorsi and 13 others have said thanks

#2 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,182 Thanks
  • 5,208 posts

Posted September 10, 2016 - 12:52 PM

Nick Buy all the NOS and list it on ebay.  

• boyscout862, nglauer and Bolens800uk have said thanks

#3 DZG OFFLINE  

DZG
  • Member No: 84305
  • 280 Thanks
  • 266 posts

Posted September 10, 2016 - 12:53 PM

McCulloch parts? Theres not a chain oiler for a circa early 90s timberbear is there?

#4 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • Member No: 50025
  • 634 Thanks
  • 566 posts

Posted September 10, 2016 - 12:57 PM

Will be watching for a list of those parts if you decide to sell any.

#5 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted September 10, 2016 - 01:06 PM

McCulloch parts? Theres not a chain oiler for a circa early 90s timberbear is there?

Looked like mac pro 610 and 650 pays. The literally had a pallet filed with old mcculloch saws.
  • MailmAn said thank you

#6 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted September 10, 2016 - 01:07 PM

Nick Buy all the NOS and list it on ebay.

I'd like to buy them. Not much there, but if i can get them to part with them i will offer them here first, then ebay
  • MH81, HDWildBill and MailmAn have said thanks

#7 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted September 10, 2016 - 02:30 PM

I know there were electrical related items, what looked like a taillight kit, and some decals for a good that were chrome and wood grain, however i didn't see what model and they were wrinkled up. I also saw the fake headlight lenses, steering wheel center caps and some various red knobs. Most of the items were in plastic fmc bags or bolens boxes. Really not sure what all is there. The tiller drive shaft is what i am most interested in, i could use it.
  • Bolens 1000, olcowhand, blackjackjakexxix and 2 others have said thanks

#8 ericjr16 ONLINE  

ericjr16
  • Member No: 54135
  • 324 Thanks
  • 231 posts

Posted September 11, 2016 - 01:16 PM

Too cool to see and score NOS parts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,473 Thanks
  • 5,009 posts

Posted September 11, 2016 - 05:32 PM

How about some photos?  :camera:

Be fun to see what you got yourself into.  :D

• Austen said thank you

#10 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted September 11, 2016 - 10:16 PM

I couldn't take picture, i had to use my phone as a flashlight :(

The place was a complete disaster. The roof was gone on one side, and shelves had collapsed in another section. Not to mention, used and new stuff is scattered all over the floor. I was told there were 68 tractors in the building, and they had sold all but 20 some parts machines. I thought some were new, but they were all used machines, albeit they must have been fairly new at the time the place shut down. I'll try to snap pictures next time I'm there. I'm hoping to stop back in this week or next.

Nick
  • LPBolens, blackjackjakexxix, Cvans and 1 other said thanks

#11 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted September 11, 2016 - 10:31 PM

Wow, cool find.  I wonder how the building got in THAT bad of disrepair from the sounds of what you are describing.  I'm assuming it was closed down and abandoned for quite some time, but still...  I have seen some abandoned buildings around here that are still standing and not in too bad of shape that have not been inhabited for decades probably.  Any idea when this place was closed down?  How long has it been abandoned for?  Do you know if the new owners are planning on demolishing what is left of the old building and putting up a new one as a storage facility or are they planning on using what they can of the old building and fixing it up?

Good luck in procuring the NOS parts and stuff and saving them from getting thrown away as they clear out the old building.

Edited by MailmAn, September 11, 2016 - 10:32 PM.

#12 bprzyw OFFLINE  

bprzyw
  • Member No: 53276
  • 92 Thanks
  • 163 posts

Posted September 12, 2016 - 09:09 AM

Nick, nice find!! Get it all!! I could use a steering wheel center cap , square variety.
Good luck.

#13 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted September 12, 2016 - 09:17 AM

Wow, cool find. I wonder how the building got in THAT bad of disrepair from the sounds of what you are describing. I'm assuming it was closed down and abandoned for quite some time, but still... I have seen some abandoned buildings around here that are still standing and not in too bad of shape that have not been inhabited for decades probably. Any idea when this place was closed down? How long has it been abandoned for? Do you know if the new owners are planning on demolishing what is left of the old building and putting up a new one as a storage facility or are they planning on using what they can of the old building and fixing it up?

Good luck in procuring the NOS parts and stuff and saving them from getting thrown away as they clear out the old building.

They brought in new trusses and redid the roof. The guy that did own it had 3 locations. The other one is in really bad shape. It was closed for atleast 25-30 years. I think the one i went through closed around 89-95... but I'm not certain
  • blackjackjakexxix and MailmAn have said thanks

#14 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted September 12, 2016 - 09:35 AM

Nick, nice find!! Get it all!! I could use a steering wheel center cap , square variety.
Good luck.

I know i saw and orange/red one, triangular shaped. I suppose it is for a tube frame. I imagine most of the parts are tube frame. Wish they had a huge inventory.
  • blackjackjakexxix and bprzyw have said thanks

#15 Husky OFFLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63
  • 922 Thanks
  • 892 posts

Posted September 12, 2016 - 11:26 AM

Very nice Nick. It sounds like a really cool visit you had there.

• nglauer said thank you