• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,718 Thanks
  • 872 posts

Posted September 10, 2016 - 06:53 AM

Hi all and thanks for your words of support, I was thinking it was only me with jerky neighbours, As it turn out good things do come to good people, the first bylaw guy I went to see to resolve this clean up issue was a nasty, overbearing, condescending, power mad Nazi, so I started cleaning up and found that I am simply out of room so I go to the township to inquire about alternative storage a pop up garage, sea can, tractor trailer ect. they tell me I have to see the bylaw guy, oh great just what I need to ruin my day! out pops a new guy, I find out the old guy is gone, wonder why??? (probably stepped on too many toes or invoked the bylaw to his own options not the law) the new guy is a farm raised local and understands whats kept on a farm and whats junk, he did question my 1973 sears ss 16, a wh d160, and a jd 110 rf being outside but I showed him my restores and nothing was said about any other gts outside, he only comment was pile it up neat and trim around it and were good, common sense in government, now that took me off guard! 

• olcowhand, DH1, Gtractor and 20 others have said thanks

#2 Bmerf OFFLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted September 10, 2016 - 07:06 AM

That's great news.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,157 Thanks
  • 4,503 posts

Posted September 10, 2016 - 07:10 AM

What is that old saying?  One bad apple spoils the whole barrel!  Just proved to be true.  Glad you found way out.  My brother is big into golf and lives under one of those "community" situations on a golf course.  Every one has to have the exact same mail box, stone covered outer shell on a square stone covered post.  No campers or boats parked in the drive or on the street, ON and ON.  Had to sign to agree to their way of thinking before he could by the property.  Biggest bunch of BS I ever heard of.  My place is out in the country with 1.5 mile of rock road to get here.  Dirt road the other way out.  Ground all around is farm ground with 3 side CRP and one side row crops.  Most weeks we see 2 vehicles a day. Mail delivery and another neighbor goes by to check his cattle down the dirt road.  Now that is peace and quit.  I can do what ever I want on my property, any size building, let it grow in weeds or keep it mowed, nobody says a thing about it.

Edited by chieffan, September 10, 2016 - 07:11 AM.

• Gtractor, MH81, KennyP and 4 others have said thanks

#4 Gtractor OFFLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,624 Thanks
  • 3,917 posts

Posted September 10, 2016 - 08:45 AM

Glad to hear it Farmer J!  

Common sense ain't so common anymore.  

• MH81 and old coot have said thanks

#5 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted September 10, 2016 - 09:06 AM

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

#6 holdenboy1960 ONLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • Member No: 62113
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted September 10, 2016 - 09:29 AM

Really nice to see you got headway with it , and it's great to have good news now & again especially from the political ring

Shane 

#7 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted September 10, 2016 - 10:14 AM

Common sense just ain't so common anymore

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#8 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • 1,718 Thanks
  • 872 posts

Posted September 10, 2016 - 12:24 PM

would it be really dicky for me to go out and buy a couple of new gts to celebrate ? park them right in the middle of the trimmed front lawn!

• MH81 and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#9 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,301 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted September 10, 2016 - 02:23 PM

Actually, before you go stirring the pot, maybe you'd be well advised to go see that guy again and say that you're afraid that a neighbor is going to keep causing trouble and you are hoping to get what you and he talked about so you could show the neighborhood mouth and get the info spread around. Less for the reason I just said and more so you have it in on paper for when this guy is replaced...

#10 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • Member No: 48052
  • 310 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted September 10, 2016 - 03:30 PM

Good deal, happy to see that things worked out the right way.

#11 JBRamsey OFFLINE  

JBRamsey
  • Member No: 61995
  • 973 Thanks
  • 587 posts

Posted September 11, 2016 - 08:22 PM

That's good news and sounds reasonable. It's all about the board members. If they are rigid, it can be painful. If they are reasonable and understand that people do have hobbies and interests that don't always fit neatly in the trunk of a car, then it's not so bad. But I stand behind that lots of heartache could be avoided by people simply talking to each other.

Farmer John, as much fun as it would be, I don't think I would go rubbing their nose in anything. You got a reasonable resolution and if the old guy complains again, the new guy will take care of it for you. I do think I would stay in touch with the new guy and talk about things other than HOA issues with him. I'd also add him to the list of neighbor's to help out ever once in while.
  • MH81 said thank you

#12 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • 1,718 Thanks
  • 872 posts

Posted September 12, 2016 - 07:31 AM

yeah I know your right, why stir up the pot. theres more than one way to rub there nose in it, but it did give me an idea. how about a garden tractor ranch, like the cadallic ranch? I don't really think they can complain about art can they? I could have the next tourist attraction, how funny would that be?
  • MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#13 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted September 16, 2016 - 03:44 PM

yeah I know your right, why stir up the pot. theres more than one way to rub there nose in it, but it did give me an idea. how about a garden tractor ranch, like the cadallic ranch? I don't really think they can complain about art can they? I could have the next tourist attraction, how funny would that be?

I was going to build a mound of push mower decks and paint it different colors. Steph hauled all them off as soon as I mentioned it.  I don't think she approved of my taste in art.

• KennyP said thank you

#14 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 539 posts

Posted September 19, 2016 - 01:51 PM

Glad it worked out for the better in the end.  Chieffan, you have exactly what my wife and I want.  A place in the middle of nowhere in the country surrounded by crops.  We are trying to make that happen in the next few years. Want to be on that property before I am 50(I am 43 now).    Mike