#31 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted May 26, 2011 - 12:01 PM

I got lucky, storm power dropped way off before it got here. Just lost some sleep waiting to see.

Glad to hear it, Dan!

#32 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,440 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted May 26, 2011 - 05:27 PM

Hope you get some sun and good breezes to dry things out some. Beautiful spring day here, got to enjoy an hour outside.

#33 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted May 26, 2011 - 05:43 PM

Dan, I hope you get a stretch of good weather to catch up on your planting etc. Today the local radio broadcasted the statistic that 35 out of the last 42 days have been overcast or raining. We get a lot of fog this time of year. Today in Halifax it was 14c and foggy while in the Annapolis Valley it was sunny and 24c. It's only an hour or so from the city. We actually saw the sun at my place today for a couple of hours! Hopefully it won't rain Saturday. The gardens are ready to plant.

#34 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 26, 2011 - 06:03 PM

Dale and Daniel, I'm glad you both are ok, these storms have been very powerful and dangerous. All I can do is PRAY for everyone affected by this bad weather. I also keep PRAYING for rain here in South Central TX.
  • dstaggs said thank you

#35 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted May 26, 2011 - 06:05 PM

Dan, I hope you get a stretch of good weather to catch up on your planting etc.

Yesterday I had to run for vehicle tags & on the way home at 4pm I drove into the 26 acre field. I was surprised to find it pretty firm. So I shot to the tractor & planter & got it finished just at dark. Not ideal planting conditions, but I got the whole thing planted, except for a few very small spots I had to raise the planter up & drive over. Those storms were coming, so I worked my tail off at it. The wet areas would stop up my planter wheels, so spent a lot of time cleaning them out. But no matter hopw tired I was, it was GREAT getting the seed in the ground. Rained over 1" last night & got another downpour this morning. Just have a 15 acre field left to plant, so getting caught up....finally!

#36 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,440 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted May 26, 2011 - 06:16 PM

That's good to hear. Maybe you can get it soon. If I knew how to do a sunshine dance, I would.

#37 Byron R OFFLINE  

Byron R

• Member No: 57
  • 57 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted May 26, 2011 - 06:23 PM

Yesterday I had to run for vehicle tags & on the way home at 4pm I drove into the 26 acre field. I was surprised to find it pretty firm. So I shot to the tractor & planter & got it finished just at dark. Not ideal planting conditions, but I got the whole thing planted, except for a few very small spots I had to raise the planter up & drive over. Those storms were coming, so I worked my tail off at it. The wet areas would stop up my planter wheels, so spent a lot of time cleaning them out. But no matter hopw tired I was, it was GREAT getting the seed in the ground. Rained over 1" last night & got another downpour this morning. Just have a 15 acre field left to plant, so getting caught up....finally!

Glad your getting planted.. Daniel...We had golfball size Hail here last night..about 10 miles away they were showing tennis/baseball size hail...lots of damage..B,

#38 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted May 26, 2011 - 08:58 PM

This is absolutely absurd! Had more bad weather here tonite as well. Another report of a twister in the county to the south east of us and 3" balls of hail tonite.

#39 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted May 26, 2011 - 09:04 PM

My area's forecast actually has NO chances of rain again until next Wednesday, and then only 30%! I hope to plant my last field by Tuesday. We have NEVER been forced to plant corn in June, & do not want to start this year! I'd guess I'll be able to plant this last field on Monday.