• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Austen OFFLINE  

Austen
  • Member No: 33768
  • 855 Thanks
  • 567 posts

Posted September 05, 2016 - 08:41 PM

She looks pretty straight! Nice machine.

#17 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • Member No: 72922
  • 414 Thanks
  • 180 posts

Posted September 05, 2016 - 08:47 PM

I removed the starter and bench tester it ,short , so I opened it up and the 2 wires that go from the neg side of the brushes to the bolts that hold the housing together were broke off,The rest of the starter looks to be in good shape ,not even really dirty inside .So tomorrow I will solder or install a copper crimp  them back together and see how it turns out,either it will work or it wont I guess,Also someone said I could use a rope on the front of the motor and start it,there are no grooves for the rope only the screen(Dang) and I had to remove the fuel tank and mounting bracket to remove the starter and once you could look under the engine schrouding I discovered it has a brand new head(interesting)When I was looking it over prior to trading for it I thought the head bolts looked new,I dont think they are proper head bolts though ,they look like they are coated ,kind of a yellow finish to them,I had to remove 3 to remove the bracket and they are rusting in the threads ,,,,Like old galvanizinng if that makes sense?        Ideas????

#18 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • Member No: 72922
  • 414 Thanks
  • 180 posts

Posted September 05, 2016 - 08:50 PM

If you look at this pic you can see the new head and yellow?bolts

Attached Thumbnails

• PTDC0137.JPG