• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#61 Merle013 ONLINE  

Merle013
  • Member No: 74432
  • 124 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted September 13, 2016 - 11:01 PM

There is a guy on CL advertising this one for 300 OBO. If you wanted to get a parts mower or use yours for one, this might interest you. Although distance may be too much. Advertised in Knoxville TN. You are 100% correct about the people on this site. I started looking around for help when I worked on my first tractor and the people on this site were incredibly helpful. Good luck on your 210.

00n0n_e8pP9Hm4tH4_600x450.jpg

• TexasG and oldcuz have said thanks

#62 oldcuz OFFLINE  

oldcuz
  • Member No: 84076
  • 65 Thanks
  • 105 posts

Posted September 14, 2016 - 11:56 AM

Merle013 - Wow that would be perfect if the engine was good it looks about as
good as mine and all the extra parts would be a bonus and by the time I bought
all the little parts I need and a engine I would have more than that in parts
alone

Distance would not be to bad but I really can't afford it right now got a little
saved but not enough got all my DOT physical Monday and got some good truck
driving prospects but no pipeline work at least for now, I am low on the pipeline
pole but after the election it will take off again.

You have showed me that for just a little more than what a engine would cost I
could buy a whole tractor with a good engine and that would also solve the other
parts problem, that's a great idea,

When I get the money to buy one there won't be one in a thousand mile radius of
me that's my luck but that's ok I'll find something.

Edited by oldcuz, September 14, 2016 - 11:58 AM.

#63 Merle013 ONLINE  

Merle013
  • 124 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted September 14, 2016 - 12:37 PM

I understand about the money. I have been out of work for over 2 years now. Trying to get my disability started. I work on mowers for extra money and run across all kinds of parts tractors. I will let you know if I come across a good deal. 

• oldcuz said thank you

#64 oldcuz OFFLINE  

oldcuz
  • 65 Thanks
  • 105 posts

Posted September 14, 2016 - 05:51 PM

Merle013 - Yes sir its rough being out of work its been over 2yrs for me also I had a retina detachment

and two cataracts went 6 months could not see nothing in one eye really lucky I can see pretty good

now, the good lord don't give you more than you can handle, hopefully we'll be good for awhile, keep

trying on the disability its hard to get it started just can't give up on it.

I appreciate you looking out for me a parts tractor that's to way to go I guess you could use a larger size engine 10hp - 16hp about anything up to a JD216 I have seen them use larger engines in the 210 on youtube I know 14hp and I think maybe a 16hp.

How far are you from Bowling Green, KY ?

Edited by oldcuz, September 14, 2016 - 05:53 PM.

#65 Merle013 ONLINE  

Merle013
  • 124 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted September 14, 2016 - 07:00 PM

Between football, farming, logging, and the military my back is history. I have had one operation on my neck after losing the use of my right arm. They tell me I will have to have another one in the future. Also have sciatic nerve problems in both legs.

No problem with looking for parts. I am usually looking for something anyway.

I finished a re-power on a Power King that a guy had started and died before he could finish it. Did not have any electrical and had been setting for a few years outside. If it had not been for GTTalk and some other friends I don't know if I ever would have gotten it finished. The PK had a 14HP Kohler original and the guy had shoehorned in an 18HP Kohler Command V-Twin. It is my daily work tractor now. You can see pics in my gallery.

I am south of Maryville, TN. Google says about 200 miles or 2hrs and 45 min.

• KennyP said thank you

#66 oldcuz OFFLINE  

oldcuz
  • 65 Thanks
  • 105 posts

Posted September 14, 2016 - 10:52 PM

Merle013 - Man with all that going on they should have done approved your disability, there are a lot of
people drawing disability that should not be and that makes it hard on the ones that do need it, I hope
you get it started soon

The old Power King re-power not finished no wiring sitting in the weather for years big engine stuffed
in it, I know what was going threw your mind when you seen it ( I can save it ) I can respect and relate
to that.

The folks at GTtalk that have rebuilt or re-powered these old tractors are glad to help and share their
experience and it don't hurt to have some old friends around to help out maybe share a idea and figure
out a problem or hand you a cold beverage

I will check out that PK in your gallery
  • KennyP said thank you

#67 oldcuz OFFLINE  

oldcuz
  • 65 Thanks
  • 105 posts

Posted September 18, 2016 - 10:19 AM

Update I am on the trail of a 14hp Jd214 engine complete with pulleys, exhaust shroud, engine mounts that look like mine in the photo

I am having trouble getting in contact with him cause he forgot to put his info in the add.  

If it don't work out maybe I will find a parts tractor with a motor, worst thing about that is I will be wanting to fix it to, is there no end to the madness ?

#68 Merle013 ONLINE  

Merle013
  • 124 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted September 18, 2016 - 11:29 AM

It's not madness. You got the fever like the rest of us.

#69 Merle013 ONLINE  

Merle013
  • 124 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted September 18, 2016 - 11:39 AM

Thought you would like this. Found on CL. I think its the same guy as before. "Up for sale is a John Deere 210 lawn mower with a snow plow. The motor turns over but doesn't run. Not getting power from the switch to the solenoid. Otherwise the mower is in good shape. Deck is 46" and in good shape and plow is 42" and seems to have been used very little. Asking $350 but open to any offers. Want it gone soon".

https://knoxville.cr...5786670811.html

• oldcuz said thank you

#70 KCJAX6810 OFFLINE  

KCJAX6810
  • Member No: 84676
  • 152 Thanks
  • 97 posts

Posted September 18, 2016 - 06:35 PM

Nice I'd love to find an older workhorse, I'm partial to Deere all is Chalmers and cub as far as how they have more of like a workhorse personality and look to them. Nice find

Sent from my 0PCV1 using Tapatalk
  • oldcuz said thank you

#71 KCJAX6810 OFFLINE  

KCJAX6810
  • Member No: 84676
  • 152 Thanks
  • 97 posts

Posted September 18, 2016 - 06:37 PM

To add my wife knows the disability struggle she's got a visibly permanently injured leg and more.....the way we were told is they make it near impossible if you don't have a lawyer took her three years almost then you have the fools driving up in a new Mercedes skipping out the office with a check after a few days....but that's a subject for another place........

Sent from my 0PCV1 using Tapatalk
  • Merle013 said thank you

#72 Merle013 ONLINE  

Merle013
  • 124 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted September 18, 2016 - 07:07 PM

Thanks and welcome to the site.

#73 oldcuz OFFLINE  

oldcuz
  • 65 Thanks
  • 105 posts

Posted September 19, 2016 - 01:58 PM

Merle013 - Yeah got a high fever right now !

Like the add 210 with deck and plow $350 - might be something simple might not, if he wants it gone
might get a big discount looks like a project to me.

#74 oldcuz OFFLINE  

oldcuz
  • 65 Thanks
  • 105 posts

Posted September 19, 2016 - 02:07 PM

KCJAX810 -  Welcome to GTtalk.   if you like lawn/garden tractors you picked the right site.

#75 oldcuz OFFLINE  

oldcuz
  • 65 Thanks
  • 105 posts

Posted September 25, 2016 - 10:18 AM

I got a add out for a parts tractor or engine just kinda at a stopping point till then
just got a text while posting this tractor and good engine $250 going to check it out this afternoon