Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,443 Thanks
  • 6,608 posts

Posted September 06, 2016 - 05:42 AM

Those old bikes are cool :thumbs:    My first was a 1975 Kawasaki 175 Enduro  Found a picture on the net that is the same color as mine . Bought it for $100  needing new rings , chain and sprockets and other tlc. Sold a few years later for $250 and if I could fine one today it would probably cost me $750 lol .  

7032874327_fb60280edf_b.jpg

• Gtractor, Cvans and MGP59DB have said thanks

#17 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted September 06, 2016 - 09:49 AM

I have more taste than money I am afraid . :wallbanging:

Ha Ha -  I am playing around the smaller stuff because I just can't afford the big ticket stuff I really like ( El Camino - Corvette )

I had this bike from that collection only the 175 - Same color

attachicon.gifyam125.jpg

I dumped it in a patch of beach sand once , the exhaust pipe layed across my calf , it didn't take long to get it off of me  :mad2:

but the burn lasted for a long time .

I still have a scar on my shin from that old Suz125 , I was running it up a short incline and lost traction , I was sorta new at this and put my foot down , well the right foot-peg rode up onto my shin and the whole weight of the bike made a deep impression on how not to do it. LOL -

Me too but mine is from a Honda 350SL. Foot peg in the shin really smarts. 

I got one from a Suzuki 250.  When I was a kid we snuck into a park that had a riding coral for horses.  We decided to do some racing around it.  I got into some of that sawdust they put in there and it pulled me right into the fence.  Got my leg caught between the bike and fence and the bike was caught in all that sawdust and dirt.

I love all the old bikes. I don't care it they are street, dirt, cruiser etc. A lot of them bring back some good memories. I'm going tomorrow to look at a 1992 FXRS I found.  Pic's look pretty good but we'll see what it looks like in person.  

• Alc, Cvans and MGP59DB have said thanks

#18 MGP59DB ONLINE  

MGP59DB
  • Member No: 66960
  • 988 Thanks
  • 504 posts

Posted September 14, 2016 - 08:46 AM

I have the wheels off of the 125 at the local shop to mount new ones - it was the only thing that it really needs . I hope they get back to me today so I can put them back on.

I was pretty surprised at how easy those were to get off . It has been a lot of years since I did motorcycle mechanics . I figured I'd let the shop do it to save me from scratching up the rims.  

Edit - They called - I picked them up and put them on !! Look Great !!

Pics soon.

Edited by MGP59DB, September 14, 2016 - 11:33 AM.

• HDWildBill said thank you

#19 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,555 Thanks
  • 29,815 posts

Posted September 14, 2016 - 11:37 AM

Being I used to buy/sell/repair dirt & street bikes, I've owned a couple hundred over the years.  I also had a TS125 and loved it.  Torquey for a 2 cycle, and reliable.  I've owned Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Sears, Moto Guzzi, Bultaco, Bridgestone, etc.  Bikes were my "thing" when younger, but not so much these days.  So many people mowing down bikers, plus easier on the body laying back in my car seat with AC!

• MGP59DB said thank you

#20 MGP59DB ONLINE  

MGP59DB
  • Member No: 66960
  • 988 Thanks
  • 504 posts

Posted September 14, 2016 - 12:13 PM

Thanks OCH ! Yes they are dangerous and others don't pay as much attention to the road as they do to their phones.

After I tried my luck 'flying' with my IT250 Yam. in Death Valley - And botched the landing ,54,000$in hospital bills and a Helicopter ride  later- well- I promised my Mother I'd not get another one while she was alive.

She passed away 1.5 years ago - And I still love to ride these things . The opportunity presented itself to get these very nice machines  , IMO ,  I won't be riding much , but I can still play with them and tinker with things on them like I used to .

I just took the 125 for a test ride after the wheels were back on it . Torquey is a good word for it considering it is only a 125 . It is quite 'peppy' it digs in better than any 125cc scooter I have seen.  

Back in the old days there was a trail that went to top of this hill . It(me) could climb it. It was steep and difficult .

ep.jpg

Edited by MGP59DB, September 14, 2016 - 12:15 PM.

• olcowhand and Cvans have said thanks