Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,611 Thanks
  • 3,911 posts

Posted September 03, 2016 - 10:07 PM

Went to the Sparks, KS flea market today.  We hadn't been in about 5/6 years.  Really too big for an cripple like me to walk but I pushed on. Had a blast even though there were 8 inch long knife blades sticking in my heels with every step.   

Doubled up on the pain meds tonight.

Found several treasures, none of which I really needed but this one is my favorite.

Guide Tractor Lens

Lens is just over 7 inches across with the outside of the trim ring just shy of 8 inches. This would be from a tractor of the 1930s.  Sure wish the guy had a mate.  Took the lens off to look inside.  I don't think this thing was ever outside.  The silver [should be real silver being this old - not sure when chrome came about] is almost flawless.  Picture is after only a "light" Windex cleaning.  [pun intended]

Cost me a whopping $7.  I didn't try to work him down any.  :angel:  Felt a lil guilty as it was. 

Guide lite 1.jpg ,Guide lite 2.jpg ,Guide lite 3.jpg

Had to turn the flash off for the last pic.  That pic was taken much later and the glare was off the charts!

Edited by Gtractor, September 03, 2016 - 10:10 PM.

• DougT, Alc, Bruce Dorsi and 3 others have said thanks

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,659 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted September 03, 2016 - 10:37 PM

Seen plenty of 7" flat lens on the old MM's and others. Usually way overpriced at swaps. NOW, many places selling the individual parts for them or the whole light offered too. Around $75 for whole light. Only takes a few parts like rim, reflector or some connectors to get about same price as whole thing. BUT, have never seen one with that "can" shape before, just round backs.  That makes this one strange. I bet finding another that shape will be almost impossible.

• Gtractor and Alc have said thanks

#3 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,611 Thanks
  • 3,911 posts

Posted September 03, 2016 - 10:46 PM

The seller asked me if I knew what it went on and I said I thought MM.  I've seen them on an R cab before - or at least something very similar.

The back is not totally flat.  Can't tell from my picture.   Where the circle of rust is on the back is a bump I suppose for more clearance inside.  Not very tall bump.

#4 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,659 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted September 03, 2016 - 11:20 PM

You have MM's?  I see that COE is same Yellow, or Gold as they call it. Can't see lettering on truck door. I've seen a nice GMC COE done up to be MM, but fella would not sell to me. The fenders and wheels were Red on that one.

#5 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,611 Thanks
  • 3,911 posts

Posted September 03, 2016 - 11:34 PM

Don't own any MMs yet. 

I have a widow friend that has 6 of them I take care of for her since her husband passed 12+ years ago.  She had it written up by a lawyer that the minute she stops breathing I own them free and clear.  Her kids have no interest in them and are OK with the agreement.   In fact, her son is the one that first came up with the idea.  I also help her around the house fixing things.  Her husband was like a second father to me.

There are.... 

1 G

1 R

1 Z

3 U's

All painted up and running good.

The truck is orange, not Prarie Gold. Was originally "Armour Yellow" Already orange when I got it.

COE.jpg

Edited by Gtractor, September 03, 2016 - 11:39 PM.

• KennyP said thank you

#6 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,449 Thanks
  • 1,603 posts

Posted September 03, 2016 - 11:49 PM

I knew I came across one of those lights while searching for a DO-RAY 510. Here's the listing.
http://m.ebay.com/it...2764?nav=SEARCH
  • Gtractor, Alc and KennyP have said thanks

#7 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,659 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted September 04, 2016 - 12:00 AM

Drum light! Sounds right. First I have seen, 8-1/4" is a big one!  Your truck looks Prairie Gold in pix here on my puter, but what-ever, I know some Digital stuff comes out different when taking pictures than it really looks with the eyes.

#8 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,611 Thanks
  • 3,911 posts

Posted September 04, 2016 - 11:04 AM

IT LIVES!!!!!

Had to do some light work on the Ferguson tractor this morning and when that was all figured out I thought ....  why don't I see if that light works. 

Not much to go wrong with it.  Don't own a 6 volt battery so I hooked it to a battery charger set on 6 volts. 

MUCH brighter than it looks in the pic.

burnin.jpg

• KennyP and Sawdust have said thanks