• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 5,756 Thanks
  • 4,262 posts

Posted September 02, 2016 - 11:01 AM

The cucs and Muskmelon are done.  To much rain for the Muskmelon.  Will get rid of the veges first, then use the GT & blade to shove the rest on a pile and toss it over the fence into an old steel water tank.  They will rot and be gone bu spring.  That will leave the tomatoe and pepper plants which are still in production.

• Sawdust, FrozenInTime and propane1 have said thanks

#2 propane1 ONLINE  

• Member No: 54307
  • 5,862 Thanks
  • 3,107 posts

Posted September 02, 2016 - 11:39 AM

I still have lots of potatoes to dig yet.

• Sawdust said thank you

#3 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,118 Thanks
  • 5,668 posts

Posted September 02, 2016 - 12:01 PM

All I have left in the ground is my peanut experiment

• Sawdust said thank you

#4 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

• Member No: 14008
  • 5,514 Thanks
  • 3,064 posts

Posted September 04, 2016 - 11:19 AM

Onions are pulled and drying in the shed, cabbages picked and either stored in the veggie fridge or turning into 'kraut, cukes  are an ongoing pickle project and will stay producing in the garden as long as possible. I'm done picking beans and will leave the bushes to dry in the garden and then harvest the mature beans to shell. Potatoes not quite ready to dig, eating as much fresh corn as possible now, but soon I won't be able to keep up and will have to process it for winter eating. The cows are following me up and down the fence as I work out there, hoping for leftovers. A cow that is drooling red beet juice down her neck from munching spent leaves is a gory sight!

#5 FrozenInTime OFFLINE  

• Member No: 46384
  • 566 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted September 04, 2016 - 11:36 AM

Just pulled my carrots, some lettuce and beets (lots more still in ground), peppers, cabbage, melons, pop-corn and tomatoes not ready,  I had to replant alot twice and gave up on replanting quite a bit, spring (and some un-rurely chickens...) was not kind to my garden this year.