coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 12:18 PM

Found this while messing around on youtube. I would like to have one and I see so many different possibilties with this type of machine.

YouTube - ‪Angad 150PT Power Tiller‬‏

#2 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 01:05 PM

15 hp water-cooled 4 stroke single cylinder horizontal crank 900 cc 2000 RPM diesel with oil bath air cleaner and crank start, 6 speeds FWD, 2 speeds REV. Hi/Lo selector. Multi-plate dry disc clutch, optional 2 speed tiller tine shaft. Digs 6 inches deep. Weighs 375 pounds dry.

This is a product that is made in India primarily for the Indian farmers with just a few acres of land to work. The MSRP is $2783.22 US but it would be higher than that if it was sold on this continent. Shipping costs, import duties and a domestic infrastructure for support would push the price up.

I wonder how well the seat would go over on this continent with some of the fat asses that would buy it to avoid having to actually walk. I also wonder how well the tiller drive would hold up when the tines encounter a rock, tree root or some other immovable object in the ground if there is a 350 lb operator sitting on that seat. Anyone who has operated a rear-tine walk behind knows exactly what I am talking about.

They also have a 22 HP model too.

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 01:15 PM

It is a neat looking rig,but I don't think I'd want one.

#4 scrapiron OFFLINE  

scrapiron

Tractorholic

• Member No: 5985
  • 1 Thanks
  • 104 posts

Posted September 04, 2011 - 12:11 AM

buy American...