16 replies to this topic

#1 petrj6 ONLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,709 Thanks
  • 2,167 posts

Posted September 02, 2016 - 04:09 AM

Awhile ago I replaced an engine with one of those raptor jobs from harbor freight and was pretty impressed with it so I have been keeping an eye out for a good sale on them, of course with the labor day there is a good sale so I begin looking into it.  read the fine print here!!!  whats the point of this coupon ?? doesn't seem to be valid on anything in the store and you cant use it for an existing sale!! glad I read that fine print before I went out there. http://images.harbor...orDay_1_01a.jpg

• MFDAC, HDWildBill, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#2 poncho62 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 42
  • 621 Thanks
  • 1,213 posts

Posted September 02, 2016 - 05:12 AM

Gets you in the store to look around........I am sure it must work for something, probably something you dont want or need

• Gtractor and chieffan have said thanks

#3 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 6,332 posts

Posted September 02, 2016 - 05:15 AM

Peter,  you have to look really hard to find something in Harbor Freight that is not "on sale".  There are a few items here and there.  They have white tags I believe.  I was just there last night.  I don't even bother to bring those % off coupons anymore.  I don't bring the free item ones either.  I just get what I came in for.  I usually find a few other things.  

• HDWildBill, boyscout862, holdenboy1960 and 1 other said thanks

#4 Alc OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,291 Thanks
  • 6,494 posts

Posted September 02, 2016 - 05:44 AM

I usually  skip over those coupons too but the other night I was ordering a receiver hitch  bike rack for my daughter and of course since I was ordering went through their sales flier and bought stuff for myself and right before I placed the order my wife asked if I was going to use the 20% OFF coupon  , so I did and it took $8 off the bike rack so it paid for the shipping

• daytime dave, MH81, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#5 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,515 Thanks
  • 7,378 posts

Posted September 02, 2016 - 05:51 AM

GUYS! Always take advantage of the freebie coupons. Those little flashlights are great. I always have one in my pocket and they last quite awhile(unless they go through the laundry). The free multimeters work well too. Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, September 02, 2016 - 05:51 AM.

• Gtractor, HDWildBill, holdenboy1960 and 2 others have said thanks

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,692 Thanks
  • 28,336 posts

Posted September 02, 2016 - 06:11 AM

Thatsalotta fine print.
You can refuse the sale price and use the coupon if you save more that way. Of course, it has to be on an applicable item.
  • HDWildBill, boyscout862 and chieffan have said thanks

#7 chieffan OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 5,772 Thanks
  • 4,276 posts

Posted September 02, 2016 - 07:08 AM

They won't let you take 20-25% off any big ticket item most of the time.  I got a 90A wire welder for $80 when they had them on special sale.  About half price.  Can't expect them to give the big ticket items away.  I always use their free coupons.  Usually split up at check out and GF gets her box of gloves and one freebee and i get my stuff an another freebee.  Those magnetic lights come in real handy around the shop.  Got to learn to play the game with them.

Edited by chieffan, September 02, 2016 - 07:10 AM.

• Gtractor and boyscout862 have said thanks

#8 JBRamsey OFFLINE  

• Member No: 61995
  • 887 Thanks
  • 545 posts

Posted September 02, 2016 - 07:09 AM

I use the freebie coupons, too. If I'm there, I may as well pick up the screwdrivers, flashlight or whatever. They aren't the best, but when something happens to them, I throw it away. I use the screwdrivers as picks, scrapers, most anything but as a screwdriver. The tape measures go behind my truck seat and become loaners that I don't worry about if they don't get returned.

I try and use coupons as much as possible for anything that I can. Every nickel saved helps. The key is to stay with your shopping list and not start spending money on things that you don't really need.
  • boyscout862 and Marty'70 have said thanks

#9 LilysDad OFFLINE  

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,240 Thanks
  • 7,472 posts

Posted September 02, 2016 - 07:16 AM

I bought one of HFs roofing nailers. I've used it on two roofs now and never had a bit of trouble. I'm way ahead of those expensive guns if I never use it again.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#10 CRFarnsworth OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 3,594 Thanks
  • 1,719 posts

Posted September 02, 2016 - 07:31 AM

It doesn't hurt to ask the manager if you can use the 20% coupon on a sale item.  A freind of mine bought a motorcycle lift on sale. When he asked about the coupon the manager said no. But when Rex said no sale without it the manager ok'd it.    May not always work out that way but it did that time.      

If I buy anything, I always get the freebie.  Especially the LED flashlights.      Rick

• MH81 and boyscout862 have said thanks

#11 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,119 Thanks
  • 5,668 posts

Posted September 02, 2016 - 09:53 AM

Some of their stuff is ok, some, not so much

#12 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • Member No: 72922
  • 403 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted September 02, 2016 - 12:15 PM

They have the predator 6.5 hp motor on sale right now for $99 I was thinking of a new motor for my wood splitter ,Any opinions???

#13 secondtry OFFLINE  

• Member No: 83632
  • 260 Thanks
  • 248 posts

Posted September 02, 2016 - 03:01 PM

They have the predator 6.5 hp motor on sale right now for $99 I was thinking of a new motor for my wood splitter ,Any opinions???

Had one of those on my splitter for 4 years, the box says they are only good for 50 hrs. Ive beat that considerable. I think the 50 hrs rating is epa required.  Don

#14 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,653 Thanks
  • 8,527 posts

Posted September 02, 2016 - 03:23 PM

I bought my lift table on sale and used the 20% coupon to boot.  I always use the discount coupons, the computer applies it to the highest priced item usually.  My wife usually has some in her purse just in case we stop by on a spur of the moment.  I also get the freebies.  The tapes and screwdrivers make great learning tools for the grandkids and if they break them so what.  I also use them like JBRamsey does except if they break I just take them back and get a new one, unless I ground down the head for a special project or something. 

#15 petrj6 ONLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,709 Thanks
  • 2,167 posts

Posted September 02, 2016 - 06:24 PM

I used that raptor motor and was very impressed, still on the tiller and going strong.  the 6.5 hp motor is what I am after and I cant complain for $100 I just thought it was ironic to have a big sale then offer 25% of coupon for stuff you cant even use it on.  I don't generally buy anything from hazard frought unless I jest need a piece of crap to modify.