• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 CanadianHobbyFarmer ONLINE  

CanadianHobbyFarmer
  • Member No: 73571
  • 939 Thanks
  • 596 posts

Posted September 04, 2016 - 04:22 PM

I would ask to see the ownership papers on that truck before making any kind of deal on it and confirm that they match they VIN on the dash. Messed up info like that just sets off alarm bells for me. If the original motor is a V-8, it is most likely a 302. A 351C will not bolt up to a 302 transmission bellhousing (it will fit if the original was a 351M) It's not a bad looking truck, but I wold make sure you know exactly what you are getting before you agree on a trade..

Jim

#17 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • Member No: 72922
  • 414 Thanks
  • 180 posts

Posted September 04, 2016 - 09:51 PM

I would ask to see the ownership papers on that truck before making any kind of deal on it and confirm that they match they VIN on the dash. Messed up info like that just sets off alarm bells for me. If the original motor is a V-8, it is most likely a 302. A 351C will not bolt up to a 302 transmission bellhousing (it will fit if the original was a 351M) It's not a bad looking truck, but I wold make sure you know exactly what you are getting before you agree on a trade..

Jim

Yep I have been thinking about it quite a bit and kinda wondering what all they changed????will be checking a lot on it!