• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic

#46 JBRamsey OFFLINE  

JBRamsey
  • Member No: 61995
  • 973 Thanks
  • 587 posts

Posted September 03, 2016 - 11:49 AM

I used to get a lot of scrap from a guy who lived in a HOA neighborhood. I pulled up one day in with the Suburban and the big trailer an we were taking stuff out of his garage and putting it on the trailer. His drive was steeper than the trailer would go up without dragging and scarring his concrete driveway. While we were loading someone across the road came in a parked on the opposite side of the street from me. 

There was room to drive between the two vehicles. A woman in a fancy car showed up and started yelling and cussing at me because she was the HOA president and I was blocking the road. I knew she didn't live on that street because we were there every couple of weeks. 

I told her to pound sand and get lost. She said she wa going to fine me. I told her I was going to knock a pile of scrap metal on her car. I didn't live there and she had no more authority over what I did than the president of Yugosalvia. She got so mad she turned bright red and told me again she was going to fine me. I told her if she didn't get out of my way I was going to have the police ticket her for blocking the road. She lit out and i never saw her again. 

There were lots of neighbors standing out watching. They all knew me and I bought their old appliances and junk from them on occasion. 

Turns out the guy had been locked in a battle to have her removed as HOA president. He won that year.

I blame these people's parents. Mostly I blame their fathers. They didn't raise these people right or they wouldn't act like that. Something is missing or wrong in their lives that makes them miserable and they want everyone else to be just as miserable. Our HOA president went through an ugly divorce. Now he's an ass about everything.

This forum is as close to social media interaction as you will find me. I let a neighbor talk me into getting on a forum for the neighborhood called NextDoor. Sounded like a good idea, you can keep up if someone's shed is getting broken into, sell and buy stuff. Now everyday I'm getting emails from the place where neighbor's are crying the blues and complaining about things. It's incredible. I don't need that crap in my life. So now I have those emails go straight to my deleted folder.

Four days ago I said I was done on this thread. It has felt good to vent a little and also know that I am not the only one that feels this way and there's still good souls in the world, but I will stop now.
  • LilysDad and jimmy G have said thanks

#47 karl OFFLINE  

karl
  • Member No: 38218
  • 1,041 Thanks
  • 775 posts

Posted September 04, 2016 - 04:15 AM

In my town of 1300, the main trouble is we have a board with too much time on their hands. The town has long since enacted all necessary rules and regulations to cover everything. Now they look around for things make rules for. At one meeting they lowered the maximum allowable heighth of weeds from 10" to 8". At another, they made it illegal to put your trash out more than one day before pick up time. We would be much better off if we took away their right to pass regulations and restricted them to budget matters.

Did you ever stop to think, thease people have no real value.WHAT IS IT THEY PRODUCE?  They take money through taxes,then give people a hard time? They make a living off of our backs.thats how they live, off of US! You have to look at them for what they are! LEECHES, Plain and simple!

Edited by karl, September 04, 2016 - 04:19 AM.

• MH81, LilysDad and jimmy G have said thanks

#48 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,643 Thanks
  • 7,673 posts

Posted September 04, 2016 - 06:49 AM

But, but . . .     they're the leech of your choice.

#49 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,727 Thanks
  • 8,908 posts

Posted September 04, 2016 - 08:05 AM

I could come up and check, but from here it looks like that 60 acres of field needs fertilizer. Lots of it. On the portions closest to the other houses especially.

I live in a development that used to be pasture. Two farms originally, one sold out to a developer, the other is still there. He farms 150 acres and has 50 head of cattle, cow/calf operation. He lives farther in from the county road, and has to drive thru the development to go anywhere. Whenever I hear anyone bitching about him or the smell, I remind them who was here first.

I attempted to talk to him a few times in the first couple of years I lived here. The very first time I waved to him from the yard as he cruised by with an Oliver he flipped me off. His drive is 150' long and has enough No Trespassing and No Soliciting signs to act as a snow fence. But after his Ford tractor died on the roadside and I dragged it back to his place with my truck, he now waves with his whole hand as he goes by.

He feeds his calves out. I mentioned that folks in the neighborhood would be interested in some beef if he was willing. Last year he sold two steers and a heifer that didn't catch to folks that got together to get 1/4's or 1/2's. Kinda hard to complain about the smell when you're hoping to get part of the final product.

People, individually, are usually pleasant and interesting. People in a group are usually self-serving and idiotic.

Good luck up there. My tried and true method of neighbors. If I see they need help, I give without being asked. If they never give back to someone else, not necessarily me, then never again. If they compliment me on my property, I thank them. If they comment on something they don't like, I tell them to watch their own effing bobber.
  • Alc, KennyP, twostep and 2 others have said thanks

#50 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • Member No: 48052
  • 310 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted September 04, 2016 - 11:31 AM

The best neighbors are ones you can't see from your house. I really like being far enough away from others that they can't have their nose in my business.

Besides, sometimes I have the urge to pee off the porch.
  • KennyP, WHdbJD, MiCarl and 1 other said thanks

#51 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • Member No: 48052
  • 310 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted September 04, 2016 - 11:34 AM

Did you ever stop to think, thease people have no real value.WHAT IS IT THEY PRODUCE?  They take money through taxes,then give people a hard time? They make a living off of our backs.thats how they live, off of US! You have to look at them for what they are! LEECHES, Plain and simple!

He is right you know.

People who strive to be in these positions usually only do so because they want to have control over others.
  • KennyP and karl have said thanks

#52 SimplyRad OFFLINE  

SimplyRad
  • Member No: 84410
  • 189 Thanks
  • 187 posts

Posted September 04, 2016 - 02:37 PM

But, but . . .     they're the leech of your choice.

Ah but did you personally vote for the leeches?

#53 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,643 Thanks
  • 7,673 posts

Posted September 04, 2016 - 03:13 PM

Some of them, some one else voted for the rest. We don't take volunteers.

#54 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted September 04, 2016 - 05:11 PM

There is a small town near here that a Baptist college  ( that I unfortunately wasted 3 years attending) settled in. The town they were originally in was big enough they couldn't control it. Then they moved to a very small town.

The President of the college got voted in a mayor due to his ready made constituency. He immediately passed all kinds of regulations regarding the appearance of peoples yard, junk cars, the number of chickens - freaking chickens- that you can have. All kinds of stuff. It is a just a ready made cult. Anything they want done they just do it. The college students out number the town folks so there is nothing they can do. I am waiting for them to outlaw shorts and low cut shirts.

The good thing is there are no police in the town. That could get out of hand in a hurry. 

• olcowhand said thank you

#55 WHdbJD OFFLINE  

WHdbJD

• Member No: 8367
  • 583 Thanks
  • 454 posts

Posted September 04, 2016 - 06:48 PM

I see your point , but I can't imagine college aged males voting to outlaw daisy duke shorts and low cut tops!

#56 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted September 04, 2016 - 07:47 PM

I see your point , but I can't imagine college aged males voting to outlaw daisy duke shorts and low cut tops!

You haven't met these guys yet. Anything less than one inch below the knee is bad. 

Edited by UncleWillie, September 04, 2016 - 07:47 PM.

• WHdbJD said thank you

#57 karl OFFLINE  

karl
  • Member No: 38218
  • 1,041 Thanks
  • 775 posts

Posted September 06, 2016 - 04:13 AM

In the long run,its all about money.

Edited by karl, September 06, 2016 - 04:21 AM.

• jimmy G said thank you

#58 greenb69 OFFLINE  

greenb69
  • Member No: 65681
  • 268 Thanks
  • 210 posts

Posted September 06, 2016 - 04:41 AM

And they wonder where groups like isis keeps getting recruits. The world is full of radicals just waiting for a cause. Where has common sense gone?????

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  • jimmy G said thank you

#59 jimmy G ONLINE  

jimmy G
  • Member No: 78021
  • 307 Thanks
  • 239 posts

Posted September 06, 2016 - 09:17 AM

And they wonder where groups like isis keeps getting recruits. The world is full of radicals just waiting for a cause. Where has common sense gone?????dead on, think about Roman Catholic (that's us) the religion of Jesus is the brotherhood of man, not seeing much of that these days

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

sorry I messed up your post

Edited by jimmy G, September 06, 2016 - 09:20 AM.

#60 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,716 Thanks
  • 871 posts

Posted September 10, 2016 - 06:32 AM

hi guys, I feel much better knowing that I am not the only one who thinks there are too many jerks in this world, but good things come to good people. the jerk of a bylaw guy is suddenly gone, possibly he stood on to many toes or expressed his desires not the law too many times,  the new guy is a local, farm raised guy , and knows whats junk and whats not what needs to be kept just in case for a farm. he didn't know about gt collecting and questioned my 1973 ss 16 sitting outside with a wh d160 and a jd 110 rf , I showed him my restored collection and nothing was said again about any other gts outside, he's only comment was pile it up neat and trim the grass around it and were good, common sense does exist in government, I wonder how long it takes for him to be disillusioned

• DH1, KennyP and Paulgo have said thanks