• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 brandsa2001 OFFLINE  

brandsa2001

• Member No: 2838
  • 2 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 06:24 AM

I have a 1655 and was out mowing the other day and it just quit. I took it apart and the winding has come apart is there anbody who knows what the part number for a new one or can I bring it to my local electric motor shop and have it rewound. I read the sticky I'm going to call this afternoon but if I could have it rewound that would be cheaper. Thanks guys

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 09:41 AM

I have a 1655 and was out mowing the other day and it just quit. I took it apart and the winding has come apart is there anbody who knows what the part number for a new one or can I bring it to my local electric motor shop and have it rewound. I read the sticky I'm going to call this afternoon but if I could have it rewound that would be cheaper. Thanks guys

I honestly don't know if they can be rewound or not. New ones are definitely salty. I think when I checked last year it was about $400 for one. You see them pop up from time to time on ebay. I was lucky and member olcowhand had the rivets and bushing I needed for mine to get it back up and running again. I now have that one as a spare since I sold the Snapper 1655 I had. I would love to hear if you can get it rewound.

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 06:44 PM

Yes ,they can be rewound,I had the one on my 1655 rewound 15 years ago,and I am sure it can still be done.