• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 dmcjt850 OFFLINE  

dmcjt850

• Member No: 3502
  • 18 Thanks
  • 80 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 10:22 PM

Any help wouldbe appreciated, things like wiring machnics and such.

Attached Thumbnails

• mark 10 a.jpg
  • mark 10 b.jpg
  • mark 10 c.jpg

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,662 Thanks
  • 7,409 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 10:29 PM

As promised, I did find your thread. As for help you got a good tractor. I think it is a 1966 based on engine orientation and that it is a Kohler K241. As for color it is wrong, it should be gold. The front hubcaps are cool though. I think the seat is wrong, as it should be square like some Sears and Wheel Horses. I do have manuals for it and another member (you saw his thread) can help you with the decals, as he can take some pictures of the 10 HP decals on his for ya. I do have manuals but as to what they cover in the way of wiring I can't recall, But I would be more than happy to take some pictures of the relevant pages. And if you are anywhere near me I would love to come check it out, work on it, or buy it if you get tired of it haha. I have a fairly extensive collection and dont have the 10 HP version of the Montgomery Wards version of the tractors made by Quick Manufacturing, Inc. in Springfield, Ohio.

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,723 Thanks
  • 29,664 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 01:08 AM

Nice piece you have there. Sounds like you are well on your way to getting the proper help.

:welcome: to GTTalk, and thanks for the pics.

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,353 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 04:39 AM

dmcjt850,:welcometogttalk:

Glad to have you with us.

Nice looking tractor.:thumbs:

#5 dmcjt850 OFFLINE  

dmcjt850

• 18 Thanks
  • 80 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 06:53 AM

Is it manufactured by Gilson or Quick Manufacturing ? I picked it up from a older guy in town for $50. The underside of the hood is still gold, i may try to match it but right now i just want to get it running. It is missing all or any of the machanics for lift arms. Im not to worried about that though this is going to be for my daughter to drive around the yard and in our towns winter carnival tractor parade.

#6 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,662 Thanks
  • 7,409 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 11:43 AM

Gilson made a tractor similar to this one in the 60s and I have one, so I know that is not what you have. Your Mark 10 is manufactured by Quick Manufacturing, Inc. out of Springfield, Ohio. And $50 bucks is a good deal on it, wish I could find those deals. How old is your daughter? Those tractors can be kinda difficult to drive for someone shorter because of a low seat and a long hood, and of course the foot pegs aren't adjustable.

#7 dmcjt850 OFFLINE  

dmcjt850

• 18 Thanks
  • 80 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 12:57 PM

she will be 12 this year, she's tall so im not to worried about her reaching the foot pegs. she drives my bolens 850 around so i think shell be ok. i told her i found GT Talk and a thread about her tractor and oh boy did she get excited that i was able to find some help with it. it sat for a while with no air cleaner so im sure ill have to have the carb rebuilt but i just want to see if it runs before i go to far with it.

#8 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,662 Thanks
  • 7,409 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 01:27 PM

I dug a K301 Kohler out of a scrap yard recently with a carb ailment, I got it to run by throwing gas in the air cleaner port. I have a funky shaped inlet on mine that worked very well for a gas tank lol. I have also taken the plugs out of engines, dumped gas in them, reintalled the spark plugs and fired them off. Mainly you are looking for an offer of running before proceeding with the carb. I know some guys have a spray bottle full of gasoline and use that thru the air cleaner inlet to run off that bottle very well. I need to do that myself but haven't yet.

#9 dmcjt850 OFFLINE  

dmcjt850

• 18 Thanks
  • 80 posts

Posted May 24, 2011 - 03:17 PM

everything is there but the wiring, i have a new start button, kill switch and a used regulator. just not sure how to wire it up, if you could get me a diagram that would be great.

#10 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,662 Thanks
  • 7,409 posts

Posted May 24, 2011 - 04:29 PM

I will get the manuals out and find you a wiring diagram as soon as I get a chance here in the next day.

#11 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,662 Thanks
  • 7,409 posts

Posted May 24, 2011 - 05:58 PM

I don't have the exact manual for that model but All are basicly the same. I took a picture of the schematic in the closest model tractor to yours I have, and should be correct. If nothing else it gives you a direction to go.

ToroWireScheme.jpg

#12 dmcjt850 OFFLINE  

dmcjt850

• 18 Thanks
  • 80 posts

Posted May 25, 2011 - 06:02 AM

thanks for the diagram, ill load it up in my truck and cart it around with me to all of my kids activities and work on it when i can. ill let you know how it goes.

#13 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,662 Thanks
  • 7,409 posts

Posted May 25, 2011 - 12:07 PM

Well, that is an interesting technique for working on a tractor lol. Hope you remember to take your electrical tools along with you lol.

#14 dmcjt850 OFFLINE  

dmcjt850

• 18 Thanks
  • 80 posts

Posted June 17, 2011 - 12:09 PM

weather and other activities have prevented me from being able to work on the Mark 10 also had to order a new ignition. Would anybody have picture of the original throtle control looks like?

#15 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,662 Thanks
  • 7,409 posts

Posted June 17, 2011 - 12:15 PM

I will take a pic of mine later today for ya.