• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 2manytoys OFFLINE  

2manytoys

• Member No: 3355
  • 0 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 09:48 PM

or am i just :deadhorse: hi and thanks for the great info from everyone , I did take off the heads and pist move but seams to hit a hard spot . it is a 18 hp gt ariens (mod # 931033) 2070 ser m-185 so now i think it may be berrings sorry no pic yet working on it any other ideas ?or commets welcome , thanks sorry no pic yet working on it :camera:

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 01:38 AM

Don't force it too much... You may just have a sticky valve. Possibly a bent one. I'd look there first. If it's rusty or stuck, forcing it could bend it.

Time to dig a little deeper...

#3 2manytoys OFFLINE  

2manytoys

• Member No: 3355
  • 0 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 09:22 PM

i will and thanks. got her in the shed for now with all the rain dont want her to catch a cold

#4 Wards 16H OFFLINE  

Wards 16H

• Member No: 4809
  • 0 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted July 12, 2011 - 11:19 PM

I had one of these that blew up on me, if its a K361 Kohler. Be sure to check the dipper on the bottom of the piston it throws the oil up into the cylinder. On mine that broke off and shattered the piston, push rod, and screwed up the crankshaft. According to my local Ariens dealer this was a somewhat common issue with that model. After I checked out all the parts needed I was looking at about $1800 just in parts or $2200 for a direct replacement Honda 18. I chose to part out the remainder of the tractor. If you look on ebay every now and then the parts are for sale for less than getting them from a supplier. Good luck that tractor is a work horse when its running good.