3 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,157 Thanks
  • 4,503 posts

Posted August 26, 2016 - 06:52 PM

Brought the 1256 in the shop today as I haven't done a thing to it since I brought it home.  I noticed the fenders were high in the back and the seat looked different.  PO had the seat spring mounted backwards to start with.  To raise the back of the seat they put long bolts and spacers between the frame and fender pan.

Fender Raised.JPG      Fender Side.JPG

When I removed the bolts and spacers my tool supply grew a couple pieces.  They used 2 - 3/8 drive 5/8" deep well sockets as spacers.  Some foreign brand on the sockets so probably served a better purpose there than on a nut or bolt.

Sockets-1.JPG     Sockets-2.JPG

Tractor has been remotered with a 10 hp Wisconsin but I knew that when I bought it.  Uses the PTO engagement lever to tighten the belts for the drive shaft.  Not quite kosher but don't ever plan to put a PTO on it.  Only had 3 bolts in the left rear wheel.  Been repainted and they put masking tape over the stud holes and must have lost two of the wheel studs so they left the tape over the holes.  All in all a good solid tractor and will make a good work tractor.  Camera batteries died so did not get pics of it today.   Will get them in the morning.

• Bolens 1000, olcowhand, Gtractor and 10 others have said thanks

#2 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted August 27, 2016 - 08:34 AM

:thumbs:

• chieffan said thank you

#3 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,652 Thanks
  • 7,677 posts

Posted August 27, 2016 - 08:49 AM

What was the point of raising the fenders? Just to make the seat higher?

• chieffan said thank you

#4 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,157 Thanks
  • 4,503 posts

Posted August 27, 2016 - 09:40 AM

What was the point of raising the fenders? Just to make the seat higher?

Not sure but it did raise the back about 3" and tipped it forward some too.  Maybe he drives a Dodge and like that wide gap between the top of the wheel and fender?

Put the front weight on this morning so I can steer it with the tiller on the back.  Started to sprinkle again so didn't give it a bath yet.  Wanted to get it down to the machine shed and bring another one up before it cut loose again.

1256 Side.JPG   1256 Front.JPG   1256 Weight.JPG

Edited by chieffan, August 27, 2016 - 09:41 AM.

• MH81 and toppop52 have said thanks