6 replies to this topic

#1 hilova23 OFFLINE  

hilova23
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 82562
  • 6 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted August 26, 2016 - 09:40 AM

Hi, folks. Want to ask you: do you use a power bank? I was so naive when said that IPhone is the most powerful. So I have never gone wrong. I need to charge it three times a day ((
recently, have read a review, according to it, MAXOAK seems the best.
does it work for macbook pro? will it charge iPad pro? or recommend any other reliable device. thanks in advance :thank_you:
  • chieffan said thank you

#2 JBRamsey ONLINE  

JBRamsey
  • Member No: 61995
  • 973 Thanks
  • 587 posts

Posted August 26, 2016 - 10:40 AM

After iPhones get two plus years old, the battery life drops dramatically. You can help by shutting down apps when you open them and changing some things in your settings. You can change the battery, but most of the batteries you find on line are old batteries pulled from old phones and you just waste your time and money.

I used to use a power bank until I nearly had one catch on fire in my office. If I had been away from my office or it had been at home while asleep it would have been ugly. Now I stay away from them. When I'm in my truck I keep my phone on my charger.
  • chieffan said thank you

#3 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,151 Thanks
  • 4,498 posts

Posted August 26, 2016 - 12:59 PM

Been using my TracFone for about 5 years now with no battery problems yet.  But it is used as a phone and nothing more.  If you want all the bells and whistles in one package your going to pay for it more ways than you want.

#4 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted August 26, 2016 - 03:00 PM

Wow! 50000mAh is huge. If you only want it for your phone, you don't need anything with that much capacity (or price.)
I'm not familiar with MacBook charging requirements or plugs but the Amazon listing does show it having a laptop (20Vdc/3A) port but doesn't mention an Apple connector in the specs??

#5 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,559 posts

Posted August 26, 2016 - 03:44 PM

Wow! 50000mAh is huge. If you only want it for your phone, you don't need anything with that much capacity (or price.)
I'm not familiar with MacBook charging requirements or plugs but the Amazon listing does show it having a laptop (20Vdc/3A) port but doesn't mention an Apple connector in the specs??

The Power banks I have seen use a USB connector so you can use the charging cable that came with your device.  

I have a Pocket Juice that I got from Wally world, but I saw the last time I was in Ollies that they have them and they were dirt cheap like $3-4.  I picked one up for the wife's tablet.  I can charge my phone about twice on one Pwr. bank charge.  When I'm charging either the phone or the bank I monitor the temp of the battery, the phone's battery get's warmer then the pwr banks does.

A pwr bank is handy for those times that your phone or tablet's batter is low and you don't want to leave the device behind to charge it.  Just plug in the Pwr. bank and go about your business.

• hilova23 said thank you

#6 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted August 26, 2016 - 04:24 PM

The Power banks I have seen use a USB connector so you can use the charging cable that came with your device.

Yes that's the setup I'm familiar with but the power pack that's linked to has barrel connectors for the two higher voltage outputs (laptop) and then they supply multiple adapters. I just didn't know what size plug and voltage/amperage Apple uses on the MacBooks.
  • HDWildBill said thank you

#7 hilova23 OFFLINE  

hilova23
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 82562
  • 6 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted August 29, 2016 - 05:20 AM

The power banks I have seen use a USB connector so you can use the charging cable that came with your device.  

I have a Pocket Juice that I got from Wally world, but I saw the last time I was in Ollies that they have them and they were dirt cheap like $3-4.  I picked one up for the wife's tablet.  I can charge my phone about twice on one Pwr. bank charge.  When I'm charging either the phone or the bank I monitor the temp of the battery, the phone's battery get's warmer then the pwr banks does.

A pwr bank is handy for those times that your phone or tablet's batter is low and you don't want to leave the device behind to charge it.  Just plug in the Pwr. bank and go about your business.

Thanks for advice!