• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DaveS24 OFFLINE  

DaveS24
  • Member No: 82469
  • 5 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted August 24, 2016 - 08:18 PM

I posted few months ago about how and where to mount a voltage regulator iv since got all that taken care of and am on to the next step,,,,wiring. iv searched youtube and my manual and cant find anything on how to wire the regulator and battery and generator all together iv tried few ways but cant seem to figure it out. i have a s24 with the sliding engine im not shure of the year it has a 10hp briggs with starter generator any help would be greatly appriciated, thanks

#2 MiCarl OFFLINE  

MiCarl
  • Member No: 75926
  • 844 Thanks
  • 484 posts

Posted August 24, 2016 - 08:37 PM

I've never had to wire a starter/generator so I'm of no help there.

What I am sure of is the wiring will be the same as every other tractor that used a similar engine.  If no one that can help you sees it here you might post in the "Mechanical & Hydraulics" forum with a title along the lines of 'help wiring starter/generator'.

Good luck!

#3 DaveS24 OFFLINE  

DaveS24
  • 5 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted August 24, 2016 - 08:46 PM

iv actually looked at some others and the are very close but the one thing that has me stumped is they all show one wire going to a external coil like a kohler my brigs coil is on flywheel under shroud so i end up with a extra terminal. thank you for your suggestion and responding

#4 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,299 Thanks
  • 2,334 posts

Posted August 24, 2016 - 09:21 PM

It's actually pretty straight forward.

This Pic shows it pretty well.

Ignore the small blue wire between the B and G terminals for now.That is Only a momentary connection in case you have to polarize the starter and regulator.

This is a diagram for a AC B110 so wiring is exactly the same.

post-1444-132893673901.jpg

Ignition circuit is not connected to the charging circuit.For now you can just put a toggle switch from coil kill wire to ground to shut it off.Atleast until you find the correct key switch.You can wire a newer lawn mower key switch in.All of those use a Ground out circuit for shutting the engine off.

Just check the poles on the switch with an ohm meter before you hook it up.Don't want to hook power to a solid state.It will instantly burn up the coil if you do.

Edited by EricFromPa, August 24, 2016 - 09:33 PM.

• KennyP and stiemmy have said thanks

#5 DaveS24 OFFLINE  

DaveS24
  • 5 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted August 24, 2016 - 10:45 PM

thank you that pic will be alot of help ill try that tomorrow after work really apriciated

• EricFromPa said thank you

#6 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted August 25, 2016 - 10:50 AM

:camera: of your S-24

• EricFromPa said thank you