• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MF10 DIESEL OFFLINE  

MF10 DIESEL

• Member No: 109
  • 73 Thanks
  • 202 posts

Posted March 24, 2010 - 12:22 AM

I was looking on craigslist last night for a Brinly plow for pulltilbroke to drag back from the far east for me. He will be taking a road trip to get his AC 920D this weekend.

Strangely, I stumbled on a Brinly plow down the road about 40 miles. When I called the lady said it was her fathers, she didn't know much about it really, and that there was some other implements hanging on the wall in the shed that hadn't been listed on craigslist yet if I was interested. I picked up a nice Brinly plow and a cultivator, that I need help identifying, for a fair price. The cultivator may be something other than Brinley, it sure isn't anything like the new ones. I got the spring teeth and points for it in the deal. Both were used but kept indoors.

The tractor they were used on was a weird, big, burly, JC Penney 12 HP machine with a OEM sleeve hitch that looked to be in decent shape too. It was a yellow/tan color, anyone know about these? I wonder if the cultivator was purchased at JC Penney as well?

#2 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted March 24, 2010 - 07:18 AM

The JC penny could be a MTD I know there were JC Penny labeled MTD 990's. If it had 12" wheels it could have been a 760 (I think thats the smaller mtd garden tractor), but I don't know what size motor they had.

#3 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted February 13, 2011 - 09:05 AM

Didn't penny's sell the Montgomery wards or gilson stuff?

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 13, 2011 - 09:21 AM

Didn't penny's sell the Montgomery wards or gilson stuff?

I don't know for sure, but I do know Pennies badged the 990 MTD's as Chuck posted.