• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted August 23, 2016 - 07:17 AM

I called and talked to MIssion about decals....you`d think they would know what decals go on which machines but apparently not ! I put the dash in the electro tank since the decals were shot and a couple of coats of paint. Did a great job ...2 minutes with the pressure washer and it removed everything but a couple little patches of the original paint on the back.

I need a pic of the dash and hood for a `74 model 2414 PK so I can tell him what was there. Seem like I have seen some different stuff for the long hoods and some looked better than others so I`m open to anything that are made for the long hood models. If you have any pics I would appreciate it .

I tried to tape up the decal on the dash with the serial number on it and surprisingly it survived 30 hours in the tank but the edges of the decal were frayed so bad it wasn`t going to be something I would want to leave and try to paint around. I asked the Mission guy if they could make me one with the numbers and he said no.....but they had done it with some of their machines they were building/redoing by using a typewriter.....

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. I still have the serial number decal on the grill section but hope to put it in the electro tank soon.