• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,254 Thanks
  • 29,702 posts

Posted May 24, 2011 - 09:09 PM

No way you can go wrong with either tractor.

#17 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,342 Thanks
  • 1,456 posts

Posted June 01, 2011 - 10:03 PM

Ok so you guys talked me into both tractors and I went this evening and picked them up. Now the questions will begin. First off, how the heck does on go about trying to get on the agco site to look up parts and manuals? I tried the other evening with no success. Secondly, is there a filter on the hydro on the 12? I looked up and down and practically stood on my head looking up under the seat from both sides and see nothing. Is it internal in the transmission? Third, is there a release on the hydro to allow you to drag a dead tractor without damaging the unit? I had it on my tilt back trailer and it wouldn't move with the trailer tilted and I ended up dragging it off with my Cub with the wheels sliding. Forth question, I know you guys told me the headlight surround is the same on both but is the dash the same on both? From a quick measure it appears they are but I'm not sure. The one on the 12 is cracked around the base and it doesnt sit with the hood properly.

I think thats all the questions at the moment. I know as I dig into it I will have many more that will needs answered.

#18 Justpics OFFLINE  

• Member No: 3424
  • 10 Thanks
  • 129 posts

Posted June 01, 2011 - 10:09 PM

I downloaded the manual and service manual from this site, has all the parts listed.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2451
  • 39 Thanks
  • 300 posts

Posted June 01, 2011 - 10:41 PM

Yes both the headlight Bezel and the dash are the same on both tractors. As for the 12H. Hopefully you didn't do any damage to the hydro transmission when you dragged it. There is a lever on the trans. that you turn to dis-engage the tranny. The filter is inside the transmission. You can down load the service manual and operators manual for both machines from the manuals section. Depending on how long you have been a member you may only be able to down load 2 per day. Feel free to ask any other questions. Every one here is extremely helpful.

#20 zolt OFFLINE  

• Member No: 1713
  • 9 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted June 06, 2011 - 12:25 AM

once again i am amazed at the deals some people fall into...
up here, i was excited to get an mf 7 with a butchered hood, an engine from a tiller?, (not running), no headlight bezel, etc.... for $100.
but on the plus side, a PA 6.5 HP, clone is already waiting in the box to replace the 5hp.....
as others said, i would jump all over both...... funds and wife permitting of course...lol

a bit off the topic, but lately there have been a fair amount of JD's for sale up here(MB), so i'm thinking some people are bringing stuff up from the States, and just selling them 'as is' ......