2 replies to this topic

#1 stiemmy OFFLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 1,294 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted August 22, 2016 - 09:36 PM

I have been toying around the idea of putting my loader from my 1455 onto my HT20. I have read the original parts list, and read threads regarding this, and seems the 4" crank pulley is NLA. I have seen a thread where the guy sourced a pulley, but it had to be machined width wise to fit, and re drilled for set screws.

Altho machining wont be a problem, just wondering if someone has sourced something that doesn't need machining?

If that isn't an option, does anyone have the dimensions of a pulley that has been machined?

Edited by stiemmy, August 22, 2016 - 09:38 PM.

#2 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted August 23, 2016 - 11:54 AM

For mine I had to machine a cast iron pulley to fit between the existing 3-groove pulley and the screen on the front of the Kohler. The total thickness was determined by having the 3-groove pulley lined up flush with the end of the crank stub shaft. Most of the extra thickness for the loader drive pulley was taken off the face that would contact the back side of the 3-groove pulley because that would be at least partially supported by the 3-groove pulley. Of course, you have to use a longer woodruff key.

I never did find a source for the exact pulley required as used by Johnson. Unfortunately, most times when someone sold a loader, they did not bother to remove the factory-supplied pulley to go along with it. (There must be a lot of old Bolens Large Frames out there with a fourth groove pulley on them)

• stiemmy said thank you

#3 stiemmy OFFLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 1,294 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted August 23, 2016 - 04:08 PM

Thanks LP. Everything I have read so far is exactly what u had just stated. Never hurts to ask, guess if I go ahead with this, Ill be machining a pulley;)