• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Allis Chalmers Tractors ONLINE  

Allis Chalmers Tractors
  • Member No: 84000
  • 36 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted August 22, 2016 - 04:17 PM

Sorry I'm a bit late about this. This auction includes the last Allis Chalmers tractor (Deutz-Allis 6070), one of the biggest Allis Chalmers tractors (4W305) and a rare 220 FWA. On the second page there is a restored B112, a 718H with implements and a B series belly blade and 3 Allis G.

Auction: https://hagerauction...ate-collection/

• Cvans and VintageIronCollector have said thanks

#2 ACmowerguy OFFLINE  

ACmowerguy
  • Member No: 67204
  • 300 Thanks
  • 298 posts

Posted August 26, 2016 - 09:41 PM

That auction was apparently a disaster. Many of the winning bids were not accepted due to a court ordered "right of first refusal."  The Allis Chalmers.com forum is in an uproar over it.

• Orange appeal and Allis Chalmers Tractors have said thanks

#3 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted August 26, 2016 - 11:13 PM

Too many lights in that building for my wallet. 

"right of first refusal."

If this was noted on the sale bill or mentioned to the crowd before the sale I'm afraid the complainers aren't going to get very far.

• Allis Chalmers Tractors said thank you

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,334 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted August 27, 2016 - 08:03 AM

Without all the details, I have to go on my gut instincts. The family is wearing rose colored glasses and allowed their sentimentality to get in the way. I'm not saying the offers weren't lowball, but the people who collected those tractors are a thinning herd and the tractors may well end up with a much less spectacular end than being owned or used by a current collector.
The owners refused the bids (as is their right) and the Auction Company has gotten a bad reputation for it. They got their cut, I'm certain... But those may be the highest bids those tractors see and the next auction like this will get even lower attendance and bids.
20 years ago, this would've been a banging auction with major dollars involved... Times, they are a changing
  • Gtractor, Cvans, shorty and 1 other said thanks

#5 ACmowerguy OFFLINE  

ACmowerguy
  • Member No: 67204
  • 300 Thanks
  • 298 posts

Posted August 27, 2016 - 09:13 PM

Without all the details, I have to go on my gut instincts. The family is wearing rose colored glasses and allowed their sentimentality to get in the way. I'm not saying the offers weren't lowball, but the people who collected those tractors are a thinning herd and the tractors may well end up with a much less spectacular end than being owned or used by a current collector.
The owners refused the bids (as is their right) and the Auction Company has gotten a bad reputation for it. They got their cut, I'm certain... But those may be the highest bids those tractors see and the next auction like this will get even lower attendance and bids.
20 years ago, this would've been a banging auction with major dollars involved... Times, they are a changing

The tractors mostly all brought very healthy money.  $60,000 + For an AC 220 FWA, that's tied with the last record sale price.

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,334 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted August 27, 2016 - 09:20 PM

I thought I understood that some people on the internet felt the prices were low and others that the rejections were unfair.

#7 Orange appeal OFFLINE  

Orange appeal
  • Member No: 77395
  • 294 Thanks
  • 223 posts

Posted August 29, 2016 - 10:56 AM

Good friend of mine was there and helped out a bit. Lot of unhappy people but in the ladies defense she prolly would have kept more had the court not ordered her to auction some off . Always sad to see family's fight over simple things like money.
  • Gtractor and Allis Chalmers Tractors have said thanks

#8 SimplyRad OFFLINE  

SimplyRad
  • Member No: 84410
  • 193 Thanks
  • 195 posts

Posted August 29, 2016 - 02:31 PM

Good friend of mine was there and helped out a bit. Lot of unhappy people but in the ladies defense she prolly would have kept more had the court not ordered her to auction some off . Always sad to see family's fight over simple things like money.

That is one of the worse things that happens when someone dies even with a will.