• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted August 22, 2016 - 11:25 AM

I ended up not mowing yesterday. The sun is out today and hopefully it will shine all day so I can mow this evening.

Great job Larry!!

• larrybl said thank you

#32 bbuckler OFFLINE  

bbuckler
  • Member No: 59269
  • 2,079 Thanks
  • 1,885 posts

Posted August 22, 2016 - 06:35 PM

Got one side of the pasture but the other side i got a lot of junk to get rid of.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg

#33 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,939 Thanks
  • 3,320 posts

Posted August 22, 2016 - 09:54 PM

A descriptive of the weekend mow.

Spent the better part of a day weed-eating and push mowing fence line and obstacles on a nice Saturday in the 80's hoping to do the riding part the following day. Well it was overcast and drizzle. No choice, so I checked the Oil, and Tire pressure, Fill the tank with gas treated with Stabile and STP in the 1990 Craftsman known as RED. So I sit on the tractor, make sure the PTO is off, and the Park brake is set. Set the throttle to 1/3, and pull the choke to almost closed, and turn the key.... Starter clunked to the flywheel, paused for a split second then a werrr and a throaty roar from the Briggs 18hp Twin.  I check the amp gauge, 3 Amps to the charge side, Place the transmission into 3rd gear and move out of the shop into the grey drizzle and 75* temps (Normally 105* this time of year). I move to my starting point, an area push mowed yesterday, and bring the throttle to ½. All sounds good so I switch the PTO on. The engine dropped an octave as the load was applied; there was a slight shutter through the frame then the sound of three blades turning up from the 44” deck. After a couple seconds I took the throttle to WOT, one more short pause, to put on the Work Tunes and turn them on to an “Oldies Station” then lowered the deck, Placed the transmission into 4th and let out the clutch and went in to the wet grass and grey drizzle. Four hours later I was finished.

I have to say, other than having to clean out under the deck several times, It was a verrrrry enjoyable Mow. Now that I know I can get a fairly good cut in damp grass, If needed again, I’ll cut it wet before it gets too tall. Alas, The Heat is coming back next week.

• toppop52 said thank you

#34 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,939 Thanks
  • 3,320 posts

Posted August 27, 2016 - 04:44 PM

Grass is growing crazy here. I decided to just do the Riding part again today. Started at 11:00 and finished at 3:30. It stormed last night, and is threatening again this evening. Worst part is having to clean under the deck when stragglers start appearing.

Attached Thumbnails

• P1170175.jpg
  • P1170176.jpg
  • P1170177.JPG