• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted August 20, 2016 - 09:26 PM

Just got home from the Rough & Tumble Steam Expo in Kinzers, PA and was happy to see that Panzers were well represented in their small engine display area. Took some pics and inlcuded a few of the ones I found on display. Also found an assortment of Oddball& Misfits, some of which might come in handy for future LAGT articles.

As for the Steam Expo - it was utterly fantastic with 107 steam traction engines in attendance and featuring a nightly spark show. Friday night was the topper with five steamers simultaneously blasting sparks high into the air. And while this was going on, other steamers were doing the same thing on the pulling track. It looked like they were trying to burn the place down! Truly amazing to watch.

Best of all was that their 1903 Coldwell steam powered riding lawn mower was also in operation several times daily.DSCF2374.JPG DSCF2376.JPG DSCF2378.JPG DSCF2310.JPG DSCF2311.JPG DSCF2313.JPG DSCF2316.JPG DSCF2317.JPG DSCF2318.JPG DSCF2345.JPG DSCF2351.JPG DSCF2352.JPG DSCF2319.JPG

• Alc, Texas Deere and Horse, Bruce Dorsi and 11 others have said thanks

#2 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,166 Thanks
  • 4,507 posts

Posted August 21, 2016 - 06:42 AM

New order Amish looking good in that last pic.

#3 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,565 Thanks
  • 3,946 posts

Posted August 21, 2016 - 06:52 AM

Old Order.

#4 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted August 21, 2016 - 07:27 AM

Yeah - and the shirts matched the Panzers.  :smilewink:

• Savageman said thank you

#5 Savageman OFFLINE  

Savageman
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53929
  • 394 Thanks
  • 262 posts

Posted August 21, 2016 - 08:00 AM

Thanks for these pics Al.  Wish I could have been there.

#6 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted August 21, 2016 - 09:08 AM

Thanks for these pics Al.  Wish I could have been there.

You would have loved it but the place does involve a good amount of walking to cover it all, although you could use one of you tractors or riding mowers to get around. We didn't bring a tractor to display this time, so now I've got blisters on my toes :wallbanging: .

#7 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted August 21, 2016 - 09:47 AM

Pretty nice. Was that one nice painted Panzer from Wisconsin?  Or, was I miss-reading the sign?  That would be long way away.  I guess if you had that steam mower, you would want to take a good day long time to mow, with all the work it needs to get going and adjusted and then just driving slow. Guess the lawn would be pretty flat with regular use of that rig!  Just think of re-fueling and watering breaks needed to. Might need a team of fellas to use that!

#8 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted August 21, 2016 - 11:05 AM

DSCF2354.JPG Pretty nice. Was that one nice painted Panzer from Wisconsin?  Or, was I miss-reading the sign?  That would be long way away.  I guess if you had that steam mower, you would want to take a good day long time to mow, with all the work it needs to get going and adjusted and then just driving slow. Guess the lawn would be pretty flat with regular use of that rig!  Just think of re-fueling and watering breaks needed to. Might need a team of fellas to use that!

Yep - that one Panzer was from Wisconsin, a long haul for sure. Didn't get to see the owner but was guessing they might have been there for the Steam Expo, which drew people from long distance. We were camping in the lot they provided next to the show grounds and the were campers in there that were far from PA.

The steam mower is now powered by a 25 lb tank of propane stored under the seat. It was originally powered by white gas. Refilling with water is easy with a garden hose so it's pretty much just a one-man operation.

Edited by Panzerguy, August 21, 2016 - 11:13 AM.

• Alc and Bruce Dorsi have said thanks

#9 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,625 posts

Posted August 21, 2016 - 02:49 PM

I was there Thurs. I always enjoy being there . I don't get there every year so there's new stuff each time . I have a few pictures would you mine if I posted them in your thread or start a new one ? Did you see fellow member earthgrinder with his display ?

#10 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted August 21, 2016 - 05:37 PM

I was there Thurs. I always enjoy being there . I don't get there every year so there's new stuff each time . I have a few pictures would you mine if I posted them in your thread or start a new one ? Did you see fellow member earthgrinder with his display ?

You can post the pic on this thread as long as it's Panzer related. Don't want to get too far off the beaten path, if you know what I mean. Were you the guy walking around with the orange GTtalk hat? I saw a guy like that while I was hanging out with Zuck. I think that was Thursday. I should have spoke up.

#11 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,625 posts

Posted August 21, 2016 - 05:59 PM

I'll make a new thread in events forum