• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Moe S OFFLINE  

Moe S
  • Member No: 84233
  • 5 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted August 20, 2016 - 01:56 PM

In my post when I joined the jungle I mentioned that I acquired my first Bolens, an H11XL re-powered with a Briggs 18hp Twin II. I am posting some "before" pics. Soon to be a bit more presentable with a grille and some paint work.

A new set of blades and steering bushing from Rick's Bolens and the ol' girl went right to work. The only issue I'm experiencing is when I stopped at the shop to refuel it wouldn't start. Ether didn't generate a cough. My spark tester was of little help as it is for HEI so no light. I'm thinking vapor lock or overheated magneto as it was a hot day and thats a lot of engine to be stuffed in backwards so close to the bulkhead. Was running fine until I shut her off and restarted instantly on cool down. Thoughts anyone?

Attached Thumbnails

• bolens 2.jpg
  • bolens 1.jpg
  • bolens 6.jpg

• blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#2 Moe S OFFLINE  

Moe S
  • 5 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted August 20, 2016 - 02:31 PM

I forgot to mention that there was just a bit of vapor from carb while cranking it and it sounded like healthy compression although I haven't run a comp. test yet. Big battery and fast cranking.

#3 Moe S OFFLINE  

Moe S
  • 5 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted August 20, 2016 - 02:33 PM

I forgot to mention that there was just a bit of vapor from carb while cranking it and it sounded like healthy compression although I haven't run a comp. test yet. Big battery and fast cranking.

If ya ain't got time ta fix it right the first time then ya sure ain't gonna have time to do it right later.

#4 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted August 20, 2016 - 03:58 PM

Glad I could help out with the parts,your right,that engine is a tight fit,sounds like something is breaking down when it gets hot
  • Moe S said thank you