• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ktznz OFFLINE  

ktznz
  • Member No: 61792
  • 64 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted August 20, 2016 - 07:24 AM

Yesterday, I used a friend's press to re-assemble my clutch. I used the sequence from a picture I took upon getting the tractor. My friend suggested that I had it backwards....So, I am including pics of how it was when I got it and how we decided to put it together. As a fail safe mechanism, I decided to ask about the sequence for verification. There are two (2) disc pieces, one with a solid collar(310-10443) and one with a split collar(310-10444). As seen in the picture of the broken throwout bearing; the split collar disc is nearest to the clutch yoke. I am also including the pics of the completed re-assembly. All suggestions, advice and verifications welcome. Also, how does the Drive disc get centered, since it is just pressed between the two(2) disc assembly pieces. Thanks. ken  

Attached Thumbnails

• athrowout_bearing.JPG
  • clutch_assy1.JPG
  • clutch_assy2.JPG
  • clutch_assy3.JPG

• MolonLabe said thank you

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 11,989 Thanks
  • 8,776 posts

Posted August 20, 2016 - 08:43 AM

Download the manual from our Manuals Section and look it up. Good Luck, Rick

#3 ktznz OFFLINE  

ktznz
  • 64 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted August 20, 2016 - 12:58 PM

boyscout862: I forgot to mention the obvious; I have the manuals from multiple years and none of them have a picture or describe exactly where the discs should be placed except the one picture that has the assembly parts listed by number that I cross-referenced to the clutch assembly parts list. That is how I have it put together. I was just seeking verification. ken

• boyscout862 said thank you

#4 MolonLabe OFFLINE  

MolonLabe

Rust Wrangler

• Member No: 59683
  • 547 Thanks
  • 313 posts

Posted August 21, 2016 - 09:26 AM

Good to see you are making progress! Looks like everything is assembled correctly, the grooved plate has to be adjacent to the spring for the clutch disc to release.

SAM_1606.JPG

The drive pins center the fiber disc, make sure that the right angle box is in line with the engine before you tighten it down. Keep the pics coming!

• boyscout862 and ktznz have said thanks

#5 ktznz OFFLINE  

ktznz
  • 64 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted August 21, 2016 - 04:52 PM

Many thanks, MolonLabe. Just wanted verification. Now a bigger decision; do I drop and open transaxle. Gut tells me yes as the shift lever is loosey-goosey when placed in the Reverse-second-First gear positions.  Peerless 2315A. Thanks, again. ken

#6 MolonLabe OFFLINE  

MolonLabe

Rust Wrangler

• Member No: 59683
  • 547 Thanks
  • 313 posts

Posted August 21, 2016 - 07:41 PM

Many thanks, MolonLabe. Just wanted verification. Now a bigger decision; do I drop and open transaxle. Gut tells me yes as the shift lever is loosey-goosey when placed in the Reverse-second-First gear positions.  Peerless 2315A. Thanks, again. ken

You might want to post that question in the http://gardentractor...-tractor-forum/

Lots of other makes used the 2300 series transaxles so I'm sure you would get plenty of responses there. Good luck!

• ktznz said thank you